Questionator Questionator 26-30 219 Answers Jan 3, 2013 in Community

Question of the Day

No. Truth is relative. What you think is honest or truthful might be completely wrong to anyone or everyone else.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

Well said.

Best Answer

It should say "honor is the best policy" <br />
People often confuse honesty with tact... Just because you don't want to hurt someone's feelings is not a reason to lie to them... Avoid the question, or answer it in a complimentary way even if its not the answer they want to hear...<br />
But I think there are plenty of examples where an outright lie might be the better course of action... Life or death type of situations... Like the great example below about the nazis and Jews... No one would say that being honest in that situation and getting your family and the family you are hiding killed would be the "best policy"<br />
I think in the end it's what motivates us to lie that should be the focus... Do what is honorable and you'll always be right.<br />
Romans 12:17-21 States it best for me:<br />
"Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."

Best Answer

...I like this. And you had me at "Honor".

Best Answer

Without honesty a man cannot be trusted, my handshake is my word

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

Depends on how badly you messed up

Best Answer

It's a case by case basis.

Best Answer

That depends.... does this dress make my butt look fat?

Best Answer

Honesty does not have to be brutal. As long as you accept yourself you don't have to worry what anyone else thinks. Physical beauty can often be shallow and without feeling. As long as your heart is beautiful you will be more attractive to others.

Best Answer

But if you are asking someone that....if you were being honest with yourself, you wouldn't be asking someone else such a dishonest question. It is dishonest because you are setting someone up when you don't truly want to know the truth IF it doesn't suit you.

Best Answer

Yes, because the truth always comes out one way or the other. Be nice but be honest. once you lie, the trust is gone.

Best Answer

Absol rite.

Best Answer

Yes! If you tell one lie, you'll have to continue to lie to cover up the first one.....it's best to be honest up front!

Best Answer

When people run from their OWN truth the chances of them accepting YOURS is almost completely non existant.

Best Answer

No, not always. 'Yes kids of course Santa is real', 'I love your haircut', 'Oh he's the cutest baby ever!', 'There is still a chance you could get better'...

Best Answer

I guess everyone socially lies. Even me.(:

Best Answer

I think Honesty is not "always" the best policy. Although as a general rule, yes. I may quote Bambi's friend, Thumper. "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Unless of course it is life altering or with someone's life is at stake Then the truth should always come out.

Best Answer

always

Best Answer

I am always honest. Whether they like it or not. Especially with men. Because if I wasnt honest and didnt say how i felt or held things back. I am then only hurting myself and my what ifs. Its not healthy to hold back lies and fears and dreams. Speak of what the heart wants, just say it appropriately.

Best Answer

Yes. It's easier to remember the truth than to remember the full details of the lies you told. And if you prefer not to discuss something, you can usually say so.

Best Answer

We would never know, would we? Show me an honest person.

Best Answer

What is truth?

Best Answer

Honestly, NEVER!

Best Answer

yes for me it is - i expect people to be honest with me in whatever they say

Best Answer

Honesty is the only way for me. I cant and wont live a lie. Lies always catch up with you and then your world would probably crumble. Protect whatever you have with honesty.

Best Answer

yes it is. honesty is always the best policy.but if someone asks you if they are fat you want to say no you look as thin as a leaf.and if your mom asks you if she is pretty you say you always look really pretty as a rose. some things it is ok to lie but that's only if you don't want to heart their fillings. because if you don't have any thing nice to say don't say anything.you always want to tell the truth about someone but if is going to hurt them just don't say it. and you should try to never get in a fight with them.cause you could hurt them and if you dodo you can end your trust with them.

Best Answer