Leeleee Leeleee 13-15, F 3 Answers Jul 24, 2012

Ice skating is something you have to practice, at first it is difficult and you tend to lean the blades either inwards or outwards for balance, but you should really stand up straight on them. When you get onto the ice hold on to the rails around the rink otherwise you may end up on your bottom. If you are going with friends get them to hold you by the hand for a while and lead you round. Try to avoid the crowds and skate where there is no danger of people bumping into you. When I was a child and a teenager I used to go rollerskating at a rollerrink, but the skates we had were 2 wheels at the front and 2 at the back, I did classical dancing on skates and figure skating but when I changed to ice skating I found it nearly impossible to keep my balance on ice skates. But try it and don't give up, practice makes perfect and skating is fun. Enjoy your evening.

Best Answer

Skating may not be hard for you ... but you'll probably discover that the ice is ....

Best Answer

Yeah, it's right difficult. You've got to have good balance and strong ankles.

Best Answer