well, the love of my life is with someone that says they love her but treats her with less respect, care, nurturance,and affection than I would and have tried to lavish on her and even though I nearly begged her to give me a chance and told her that she deserves better, she seems pretty happy in her ignorance, so for some people I guess it works. honestly i think the one she is with does not even love her, but having been my best freind when she got between us simply did not want me with her and jumped in for the competition of it, and that was all, now that I have been chased off she really dont even know how to handle what she has and tries to break it off every couple months - HA!!! now i just pity both of them.

Best Answer

I dont think so. Ignorance is confusion bewilderment and even pointless despair. Knowledge is enlightening even when its painful.

Best Answer

As someone who believes in reincarnation, I would like to say that ignorance may only give someone temporary contentment bc they may not be concerned about certain issues at a given point in time. However, the ignorant often hurts himself/herself or others due to his/her ignorance, which ends up being very painful to all parties involved. Moreover, the ignorant will not remain ignorant forever. The longer he/she deliberately tries to avoid knowledge and wisdom, the more painful his/her personal experiences may be until he/she can understand that he/she is not getting anywhere.

Best Answer

yes i beleive ignorance is bliss-------i have been married 44 years---found out a year ago ,my husband has been cheating on me for the last,13 years...........i have never known so much pain.------what you dont know doesnt hurt you----------i might have been in a fools paradise,but i was happy----------not now----------sandy--------

Best Answer

If it were most of the people I know would pee sunshine and crap rainbows

Best Answer

I think I decided about the age of 11 to never believe that ignorance was bliss....<br />
(that was a long time ago.)<br />
Now, I'm tempted to say - it depends.<br />
Perhaps there are some things we'd be better off not knowing.<br />
On the other hand - think about the raging curiosity of a two year-old - <br />
and then imagine still having that, 10, 20, 30 years later (or beyond)<br />
and consider: the opposite of ignorance is knowing.<br />
(Can knowing provide bliss?)<br />
If it can, then I suppose that answers the question....<br />
cheers!<br />
jp

Best Answer

It is when I can look at photo's of people like you and not even know your name :)

Best Answer

Haha thanks? I think.. XD

Best Answer

Lol you're welcome, and yes I realised my comment on its own sounds strange :D

Best Answer