KilieLove KilieLove 18-21, F 12 Answers Feb 17, 2012

I have used both methods. When I have dark hair I almost always use box-dye because it is way cheaper and I get the same results. Whenever I am lightening - I ALWAYS go to a professional because it is way easier to damage your hair when lightening. If you are worried, then try a semi-permanent to start or just choose a shade that is a few tones darker - it will be easier to fix if you make a mistake. If you are worried about getting dye on your skin I put vasaline around my hair line and behind my ears, and the dye wont stick to it. :) Good luck!!

Best Answer

Thanks for the advice!

Best Answer

ABSOLUTELY TRUE! Lighter to darker can be done at home. I've never seen a good do it yourself bleach job.

Best Answer

be sure to get your crown and around the hairline very carefully.

You may want to minimize the shock by trying a Light Brown or Medium Brown... Dark brown on blonde hair is going to be almost black.

LUCK

Best Answer

Thanks!

Best Answer

Read up on it so you understand the process. If you don't know what you are doing, chemical interactions can turn your green hair, or "fry" it. My daughter over did the bleach part of the process and literally destroyed her hair. She ended up having to cut all but about 1 inch off. You can probably get your mom or a friend to help, which would make it much easier.

I henna my wife's hair; grey to brunet. She might be able to do it herself, but it would be a whole lot harder. I would suggest henna. It is easier on your hair, and if you don't like the way it comes out, most of it will wash out over time so you won't have the die line a lot of women end up with.

Have fun and good luck.

Best Answer

I have lots of henna dye, I have never heard of doing that! It's probably better for you hair anyway. I will read into it

Best Answer

Not at all Kilie , My wife does it all the time when her blonde roots start to show .

Best Answer

That's what I was thinking of doing. After I get it dyed professionally I could do the roots on my own. That may be a safer choice

Best Answer

Thats what Crystal did the first time and came back home a redhead , It took a little time to end up with auburn brown at last .

Best Answer

most drug store hair dye is semi permanent.

Best Answer

That is true..

Best Answer

Think you are supposed to go red first, then brown....as red holds the colour better, you get a better color result.

Best Answer

I have heard that before, but the last time I had any red in my hair, it was IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of. I had to bleach it out, but even now there is a strawberry tint haha!

Best Answer

People dye their hair all the time, and they're fine. Why pay someone to do what you can do yourself?

Best Answer

That's what i was thinking. But then again, I trust someone that I have to pay more than my own two hands.. haha

Best Answer

All you have to do is follow the directions, and you'll be fine :) Just make sure you don't get dye all over the walls and your clothes or else you're due for a bad day lol

Best Answer