They have to take all calls seriously. A hang up call can mean that the person was forced to hang up while in a dangerous situation and NEEDS help. <br />
I imagine it depends on where you are, but it's possible that fines may be imposed.... especially if you cause someone who really needed help to be unable to get it in a timely manor because you hung up.<br />
If you accidentally hang up, it's best to call back and tell them quickly that you dialed in error, are fine and apologize for wasting their time.

Best Answer

yes.plus all calls are followed up on,often with a police visit.<br />
have fun. the emergency system is there for emergencies.

Best Answer

Yes and you can be prosecuted for it

Best Answer

Do what creamsicle said, call and tell them it was an accident.

Best Answer

How do you call 911 by accident? I've never been able to do it without trying!

Best Answer

To do so intentionally is a crime and also a CRIME. What I mean by that is if anyone out there thinks this a joke, you could potentially cause someone else to die. Seconds matter on 911 calls and tying up one line could make the difference between someone living and dying. I say this as a mother whose four year old son barely made it to the hospital in time. This was almost twenty years ago and he is fine today, nevertheless, 911 is ONLY for emergencies.<br />
As to your accidental slip, everyone is human.

Best Answer

I'd hope so, Because if it's done intentionally then it's just plain idiotic.

Best Answer

Here you could if you we're to do it several times they do not play about something that serious....

Best Answer

i don't know if you can be arrested for it, but the police that respond would probably be really pissed :X

Best Answer