That's an idea I've had for a while... If I loved myself more, I think I wouldn't be looking to be loved so much by others. In order to love myself, then, I need to be more self-confident and maybe even narcissistic. I hope I wouldn't go too far along the latter path but I think my other side feels utterly humiliated while I pine for love and care that just wouldn't come.
Bafflio Bafflio 18-21, M 11 Answers Jan 27, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

By loving yourself, you don't need the approval of others, but as humans, we all long to be loved by others as well. You just need not be dependent on others' love. It's not weakness, it's admiration.

Best Answer

In order to love yourself you gotta mold you and make YOU how you wana be not what other peoples expectations/interpretation of you they want to be when you start living by YOU then you will develop self confidence naturally you dont gotta be narcissistic you can have the best of both worlds but aint nothin gonna happen until you MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Best Answer

It's not a sign of weakness, not at all. It's natural to want to connect with someone else, and something most people seek, no matter how strong their self-esteem. It's more unusual to not have that desire.

Best Answer

As a matter of fact, I think it is the opposite of a weakness to like someone! After all, it's not a crime to like someone!

Best Answer

Maybe people who desperately want love, or to be loved, do lack self esteem. That would make sense to me. I don't see why confident people can't find love, however. It's not like you only have a certain amount of love to divide between yourself and other people; i think it's perfectly natural to love yourself and someone else completely.

Best Answer

No. You seem preoccupied with being a strong person, which I don't understand. I think denying your desires is a weakness.

Best Answer

don't no who sold you that boat load of crap, not even sure that would be good for a garden ;-)

Best Answer

Not that I know of :-/

Best Answer