DuckFeathers DuckFeathers 22-25, M 6 Answers Nov 14, 2012 in Parenting & Family

I would say running out of funds these days is more of an issue.

Best Answer

Yeah that too. Especially when you got a big family.

Best Answer

I gave up gifts a long time ago, I don't want children thinking that's the reason for the season. A heartfelt card is always nice and cherished.

Best Answer

Yeah I like the idea of getting a card. I've really struggled with gift buying at Christmas last few years. I think this year I will just give up and put money in a card.

Best Answer

More inportant than money are the words from your heart, money is spent, but your sweet words can be cherished for years. When I am down. I often read cards that I have cherished from years gone by. It warms the heart and soul. Think what makes that person special to you. It does not have to be long just honest, kind words.

Best Answer

we did that because we were so many so we started with secret Santa gift swap instead, everyone writes a wish-list and then someone (usually my son) makes the swap and you buy for the one you got. So everyone gets one gift and then we can spend money on the kids instead.

Best Answer

The best gifts are practically free and creative - its the thought behind the gift is the most important thing about giving. So I'd say "why bother" if your intention for giving isn't what it should be.

Best Answer