I suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder.I went to see my doctor in November of 2010 as the symptoms just became too much for me to handle. He prescribed me an anti-depressant/anxiety drug, and Xanax to help me with the panic attacks. It felt like I was getting better but now I am having extreme anxiety and panic attacks on a daily basis. This is causing nausea and vomiting a lot, I am unable to sleep or eat and my heart is always racing and sometimes I have troubles breathing amongst many other symptoms. The doctor has not told me I should take time off of work but I just can't do it anymore. I can't concentrate on any of my tasks and I am sick all the time because I can't eat and I always feel so tired and shaky and edgy from not sleeping. I really feel like I need some time away from work to get better and concentrate on my health. Is it ok to take a disability form to my Dr and ask him to fill it out even though this has not yet been his recommendation?
Carrie8935 Carrie8935 22-25, F 6 Answers Mar 5, 2011

Your Response


If you don't ask,who will?

Be prepared for a long fight to get disabilty pay though. Like as much as two years.

Good luck!

Best Answer

Make it clear to your doctor that you've come to the end of your rope and you need to stop working to recover. Once the doctor accepts that the appropriate steps will be taken. You need income if you're sick and cannot work. Mental rest will help your condition. One of the side effects of GAD might be that you cannot muster the resolve to be sufficiently emphatic and demonstrative with your doctor.

If that's the case, print off this message and show it to your doctor, saying: "that's how I am".

Best Answer

Thanks for your comment, I am going to the doctor now, wish me luck!

Best Answer

Take care of yourself whatever it takes.

Best Answer

You would have to discuss it with him. Sometimes anxiety problems can get worse when people are not at work and don't have things to occupy their minds.

Best Answer

Related Questions