I learned being a councelor at a drug rehabilitation center last summer that its not a good idea to be in a relationship with an addict of any kind. It only sets you up to be abused by their behavior. Its important that you have healthy boundaries and if you do decide to take him back to work things out then keep him away from triggers as much as possible. It will be hard work to make the relationship a success but its do able in time.

Best Answer

No, in fact you did a very good thing. IF you give an addict an ultimatum, and don't back it up, you are enabling the addiction. If you go back, he'll use you until there is nothing left.

Best Answer

for sure he would

Best Answer

you set your standards.. and he crossed them

Best Answer

Then pull your finger out and stand behind him

Best Answer

IT WAS THE RIGHT DECISION. Addiction is a dead end. You have no future with someone who is addicted and not ready to get off the junk. It is better to deal with six months of history than six years. If you stay, he will know you aren't serious about walking if he keeps using, so he will keep using. <br />
You get pregnant, there is a chance your baby will suffer birth defects from his drug use. If he can't get off the stuff, all the money you make will go into his habit. You will never have a house, good car, or future for your children. <br />
He had his chance. He proved he loves his drugs more than you. (Some people would call that over simplistic and unsympathetic, but many addicts have kicked the habit when the right person came along.) Don't walk, RUN as fast and far as you can. Life is way too short to start it with an addict.<br />
Good luck.

Best Answer

it's his addiction not yours, if he accepts the problem maybe he'll get help, maybe he needs to down in the ground before he realizes what he has done. but (this is me talking) i would keep an eye on him, checking in every couple of months, you don't have to talk to him, just look at him, see if he eating, making sure his needles are clean or whatever he using, or simply that he is not dead. or just maybe if he has family go & talk to them see if they can handle him into rehab. or you can simple ignore all this & get on with you life.

Best Answer

No... you actually helped him. He lost something that was special to him over the drugs that are controlling his life. Its going to take him a long time to realise and hes going to lose a lot more than just you before he will even think of getting help but you helped him along the way. I was in the same situation as you, a year and a half later I still talk to him and hes getting on so much better.

Best Answer

You have to do what is best for you. You can't save them. Trust me. And no matter how strong their feelings for you, they can't get clean or stay clean for you. They have to want to be clean regardless of the circumstances. I know.

Best Answer

PROBABLY THE BEST CHOICE YOU EVER MADE :)

Best Answer