I have given up on people in general. And I also don't feel like making friends. I like my privacy, I like not being obligated to keep in touch with people. I like being friendless. I do have my 2 best friends...my sisters, but like me, they have kids, are going to school and one of them lives 450 miles away from me. But point is, I love being at home, I love not having drama in my life.
abica2006 abica2006 22-25, F 10 Answers Jul 14, 2012

People suck.

Best Answer

It sounds like you already have the best, most loyal friends you need in your two sisters and you don't want to clutter your life with artificial acquaintances you have to impress with fake smiles and obligatory gestures. It takes a long time to form a true friendship and you only find out who your true friends are when you suffer some sort of hardship or social embarrassment. I know from personal experience the friendships of youth often don't last. For me, none of them lasted. The most important relationships I have are with my husband and immediate family. There's just no time for the care free socializing I had in my 20s when I juggled several sets of friends. <br />
You already have best friends in your sisters. Count yourself blessed...there's nothing wrong with you for wanting to focus on your family as it is rather than forming superficial attachments.

Best Answer

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to make new friends. No one in this world is obligated to make friends regularly. :) If you do by chance make a new friend or two down the road, keep a close eye on them. Because there is drama everywhere we go, and you never know who has it the worst. :)

Best Answer

Honey you are fine. you may have only one or two best friends in your whole life. Others may be just for your amusement. I have been around 63 years and friends come and go. Its just the way it is. Alot of them have been a total waste of time. I have one best friend. We were next door neighbors in the second grade. Still friends today. It is awsome. And it doesn't happen very often. Choose your friends wisely. Do not take time away from your family for "friends" that are not going to be there for the long haul. Luv Lucy

Best Answer

I completely understand. I feel the same, although I do have a few close friends... that i dont keep contact with when im not in their presence. I only have one REAL friend and its my man.

Best Answer

Did you know that the human brain is capable of remembering thousands of names and faces? I'm terrible at it so that's probably not me but you can only get better if you practice. In a world where there are so many people it's never been this important to learn to be social. We have to deal with people every second of every day now. Being able to hold lively, pleasant conversations with strangers and being able to remember them is a highly successful trait. It's sought after in the professional world too. Meeting people and gaining new friends is a skill only practiced by doing just that. If you can pull it off you'll make the world a warmer place just by being alive. Strangers aren't so bad when you make them your friends.

Best Answer

I used to be very outgoing. Then I quit my job to stay home with my daughter, I tried to make friends after I lost all mine because I had a baby and all of those people turned out to be rude and inconsiderate...I just lost all hope for them.

Best Answer

Mmmm, people are rude and inconsiderate. They're also highly useful. Don't get me wrong, I try to be as useful to people as they are to me and I do enjoy their company. Of course I think I'm pretty rude and inconsiderate at times too really. If only through sheer innocent ignorance. It's not always possible to be considerate unfortunately. Just try not to take people too seriously. They're far from perfect so you're right not to think of them too highly.

Best Answer

i feel the same way

Best Answer

no... good for you...

Best Answer

Nothing wrong with it and I totally understand.

Best Answer