I wanted to start being more manly... alpha male. So i started to talk to this woman i know from work and well i chatted her up, I initiated everything. After awhile she was giving me signs like she was into me, caught her stealing looks she'd quickly turn away, and she even held my hand while joking around. To me this was a green light, i asked her to lunch she said yes. Now this where i think i messed up we finished and started chatting abit and i kept eye contact but she would look away constantly and I kept at it. I wasn't staring her down but whenever we'd be talking about ourselves for a bit i'd try to get some eye contact. All the while chatting but she mentioned that she didn't like eye contact because it felt as if a person was looking straight into them. So i kinda stopped and we walked a bit talking until i took her home.I then asked her if she would like to go on another date sometime and she flat out said no thanks(kindly). Now im wondering if i was too aggressive?
ReddingSane ReddingSane 22-25 7 Answers Dec 18, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

too much eye contact makes you seem shifty like you are heartily looking for a way to **** someone over. I find it very uncomfortable. If you are watching me so closely that u have no time to think in your own head i feel like u have ulterior motives. you need to understand many women have been preyed upon and being watched sets off an unknown trigger. I never realized why this was until I saw a counselor for some time.

Best Answer

huh, i read some where if you wanna come off as assertive and capable that you should be attentive and make eye contact. Good to have your take on it though.

Best Answer

too much or too little eye contact can make you look like a liar there is an in between honey

Best Answer

She did not asked your opinion when she held your hand, she is a tease who pretends to be very prudish or a tease who has something to hide.

Best Answer

agrees. she has something to hide.

Best Answer

It depends on the girl. I personally like very aggressive. Can't stand submission.

Some girls don't. I really think it's a matter of doing it slowly and being more dominant bit by bit until you get a feel of her comfort zones.

Best Answer

It depends on how you look at it. Personally, I think being aggressive is totally the right way to go. I'm a romantic, so I am going to try and get the guy until I get some strong indicator that he's not interested (her saying she doesn't like to be stared at, then ditching you for it is that strong indicator). I can't help it. I need to know that it could never have worked. I think that being aggressive is totally the way to go if you want to avoid spending 3 years wondering whether someone likes you or not. You need to be sure. Approach the girl as soon as possible if you want to avoid being aggressive, though. If it is that bothersome to you.

Best Answer

I don't think so, I think it might have been something else, something you said, or maybe you smacked your lips too loud, the important thing is she said No and you have to respect her, and respect what she said. Just leave her alone, and keep going, better sooner then later anyway better to say goodbyes before you lose money or time my friend.

Best Answer

tl; dr .....but my quick tip: everything in moderation, even moderation

Best Answer