mausie mausie 41-45, F 11 Answers Sep 7, 2010

I have a similar situation, only I am in love with my ex husband's step brother. They both hate each other and have so since they were kids. He recently told me to talk to the parents (which I am still close with) about the possibiliy of dating him (he doesn't want them to know that he knows that I will be talking to them about it). So I am trying to decide if I am going to go through with talking to them about it. I am afraid that they will say that they do not want us to date at all. And I also have a child with my ex husband and he told me once that he would try to take her from me if I did date his step brother (which I know he can't do given where I live, but still a little discouraging). I never meant to fall in love with him, but it just kinda happened. I say its not wrong at all, no one ever means to fall in love with the person that they do no matter who it is. I feel like I don't have any right to answer this question at all considering I don't know what to do with my situation, but I hope that everything works out for you.

Best Answer

Like Daniel Boone said, "Be sure you are right then go ahead!"

Best Answer

Bad no, uncomfortable for the family, maybe. But if you love one another what the heck. Go for it.

Best Answer

if you find the right person I guess you go for it

Best Answer

Actually it makes a lot of sense in a logical sort of way.

It can make for some strained family dynamics. One of my brothers married the ex of another of my brothers. Family gatherings were weird for a while.

Best Answer

Who you fall in love with has nothing to do with Bad - Good - Right or Wrong - its something that happens

Actually its not uncommon to fall in love with an ex's sibling because often they have similar traits to the ones you fell for in the first place..

Anyway -- in your case, the bad might show up at family gatherings -- I would move away if I were you ---- hehehehe enjoy.

Best Answer

yeah, that's just one of those twisted really painfuly WEIRD things you hate to hear about in familys. im sure yall's family will be jumping for joy over that one.

Best Answer