IamySelf IamySelf 18-21, F 11 Answers Jun 9, 2011

friends with an ex? so you know Him intimately I'm assuming, and if He is single...depending how long you were together and what the issues were when you split up...so many factors to consider here...if my partner was stilll friends with an ex I'd need to see them in action, what they are like with each other and then I'd know if there was unfinished business, an unconscious attraction, the need to feel special...whatever it is..but put it this way, it's not a straightforward innocent friendship unless you are incredibly naive..

Best Answer

Theoretically there's little reason for your not being friends with your "ex"; but practically, if its upsetting your husband - as indeed it could, human beings being how they are - then I think your duty is first to your husband. Unfortunately.<br />
Its nice to be friends with "exes" if you can manage it; but if jealousy rears its ugly head, then you have to make a choice of who to annoy... and I guess its not your present husband, whom you partnered with for a reason, over your "ex". Otherwise there could be trouble!

Best Answer

If you had children with your ex I could understand, but if there isn't any, why risk your relationship?

Best Answer

WoW... Tough one. It depends. If your husband is really bothered you need to end the friendship. Your man comes first. Ask yourself would you REALLY be comfortable if your husband had an ex around that he depended on as a friend. Regardless you put the one you married first.

Best Answer

This question is such horseshit. I just told my ex (were working it out0 that she should NOT have any reason to be talking to her ex....period. If a women wants to keep connected to an ex...there is a reason and it's usually as a back up, an option when a fight or prolonged absence starts. I am so sick of females trying to justify thier need to keep contact with an ex, or even a male friend. If your in a relationship...your partner is all you need with the exception of another couple to hang out with.<br />
Sorry if I come off like a ***** but I'm dealing with a LOT of trust issues right now and questions like this just set me off.<br />
Completely ridiculous....to stay connected to an ex. Your husband should dump you if you don't cut this crap out.

Best Answer

Thank you ! "If your in a relationship...your partner is all you need with the exception of another couple to hang out with." I am also dealing with tons of trust issues

Best Answer

No. Your man should trust you alittle more tho

Best Answer

definately not friends that kiss!!!

Best Answer

tricky one depends how friendly ie d you go out for drinks etc or what? i think its ok at a distance anymore and it would cause bad feeling . Really shouldn't if someone is secure but i think its quite natural for your husband to feel a bit jealous. i wouldnt cut ties with my ex but id keep contact to the minimum.

Best Answer

Nothing is bad if it's JUST an ex. First and foremost the both of you have to respect the other's choices in friendships. But if you or the ex want something more then yes it's gonna be a problem.

Best Answer

Don't allow someone to make choices for you. If you want to be friends with your ex, go for it. Don't be influenced by other peoples preferences or else you will find yourself (one day) not making any choices for yourself and being completely led by what someone else wants.

Best Answer