Btw I don't wash my hair everyday (I wash it every other day), but I want to ask, cause I hate second day hair and putting it up in a ponytail cause I am self-conscious of my face.
artsygeek117 artsygeek117 13-15, F 9 Answers Aug 27 in Health

Yes it is, try a dry shampoo on second day hair.

Best Answer

my mom won't let me buy any

Best Answer

Do you have any baby powder? You can apply that to your roots, it works the same. Just brush it out so you can't see it.

Best Answer

yea i used baby powder before but i dont want my hair to smell like it!

Best Answer

Ok :)

Best Answer

Use dry shampoo on second day then.

Best Answer

i can't actually im not allowed to buy it

Best Answer

oh well

Best Answer

Washing your hair any more than once a week destroys your hair, and depletes it of your natural oil .

Best Answer

That's probably too much unless you have really oily hair.
Every other day is okay in most cases, and you could probably dilute your shampoo with 50% water to keep it from stripping off all the natural moisture.

Best Answer

Yes, it's bad. You can try just rinsing it with the conditioner when you shower the second day to help distribute some of the oil so you don't feel like you have to ponytail it that day. Hopefully you are showering everyday anyway so rinsing without the shampoo isn't a big deal.

Best Answer

yea trust me i shower everyday before i go to sleep

Best Answer

and in the mornings for school

Best Answer

Try rinsing the second day with conditioner like I said. It may help.

Best Answer

You can wash it every day as long as you use a good conditioner. If you are really worried try "Wen." Its a little expensive, but nice.

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

Putting it up in a ponytail will probably do more damage than washing it every day. If you blow dry it every day you're liable to damage it though.

Best Answer

really? Wow and no i don't blow dry or use any heat AT ALL! I have anturally straight hair and my mom doesn't let me cause she doesn't want me to damage my hair

Best Answer

I wash and condition my hair everyday...it's not dry at all

Best Answer

really u must use really good shampoo and condition! Do you mind telling me what u use cause my hair is always dry

Best Answer

I just use Dove but I also put Morrocan oil on it everyday.

Best Answer

yea i use morrocan oil 2! Is herbal essence (shampoo and conditioner that i use) be good for everyday use? I use hello hydration.

Best Answer