Vulcan45 Vulcan45 46-50, M 20 Answers Feb 15, 2009

It is better to live the truth without knowing it.

Best Answer

To be hurt by the truth. I knew a woman that had a terminal illness and the doctors and her friends and family refused to tell her. On her deathbed she actually asked if she was going to die and they said no. She died never even knowing she was going to die. I thought this was extremely unethical and that she had a right to know. But because they considered her intelligence subnormal they said it would be better not to know.

Truth is the only thing that sets us free. Satan (even if you do not believe in Satan literally the point is evil) is the father of lies- evil always begins with a lie and ends with a lie and it's whole entire nature is a lie. There is no life in a lie- you are the walking dead.

Best Answer

After be hurt by the huge truth three years ago, I really decided that it's better to live a lie without knowing it. When you can't change something and you have to live within the situation, it is way better to not knowing it.

Best Answer

The lie itself hurts more than the thing that the person lied about. Then I am hurt by both, and am not only unable but unwilling to trust that person ever again.

Best Answer

i'd rather be hurt by the truth than be oblivious to it....

Best Answer

Always the truth, the truth will set you free!

Best Answer

The truth is better. Even if it will hurt me, I want to know the truth so I can decide for myself how to go forward.

Best Answer

Hurt by the truth. I'd hate to think my life was a lie!

Best Answer

Yeah, I'd rather live the lie and get high errr day!

Best Answer

Hurt by the truth. Even if the scars are always there I feel oddly proud about confronting it.

Best Answer

I would rather be hurt by the truth then to live a lie. Being hurt eventually heals. A lie does no one any favors.

Best Answer

If I asked you this question, what would you tell me?

Best Answer

How can you live a lie without knowing it?

Best Answer

Better be hurt by the truth. Then you can deal with it and move on.

Best Answer

It depends on the situation and the kind of person you're dealing with.

Best Answer

Wow, this really depends on the situation. Whenever possible it is better to tell the truth. But I know of situations where its better for people to not know. What if you were married to someone who lost the use of their body and couldn't move. You are devoted to that person and stay with them and take care of them... say that's 20 years ago and your sex life its nil. In a moment of weakness you stray and make love with someone that's not your SO... Do you tell them you cheated? What good can come of it? They can't be there in that way for you, and probably already feel bad. Telling them you strayed is only going to make them feel worse, and it may minimize some of your guilt. So telling them is for your benifit not theirs...

So in that case is it better to lie, or tell the truth?

The world and situations are never black and white. I think we should try to live life honestly and as open as possible but there are times when you need to operate in the grey area for someone elses sake.

Best Answer