I've always been active and a big eater too. Even though I haven't eaten more or more poorly, its been easier to pile on the pounds during the winter. I've gained about 20 pounds since the winter has started which doesn't bother me since im trying to put on weight. But I haven't been exercising recently since ive been with my family and christmas just passed us. However I have been walking alot but not exercising didn't affect the numbers on the scales as much as if i had exercised. I'm just wondering, is it easier to put on weight when its winter?
monstaagain monstaagain 18-21, F 9 Answers Dec 28, 2013 in Image & Weight

Generally, yes, because people tend to be more sedentary during the winter months (skiiers excepted) than in the summer months.

However, as you already know, weight gain occurs from an energy IMbalance, wherein we take in more food calories than we consume -- and our bodies are programmed to store the excess as fat, in the unlikely event of famine.

Best Answer

Yes, because the body needs to conserve energy and fat to keep warm. That is why animals hibernate. It is easier to lose weight in the warmer months because the heat acts as a thermogenic for the metabolism, which means that it speeds up.

Best Answer

Yes! Especially when you eat a ton and don't exercise!

Best Answer

The fall and winter seasons are the main contributors to weight gain. The cold air outside could easily kill anyone's motivation to drive to the gym, go for a run, jog, walk, etc. Cold months also contributes to seasonal depression which causes one to consume more food to cope with their stress. As a result, weight gain occurs.

Best Answer

yes it generally does

Best Answer

Let me ask my bear

Best Answer

it is easier for me to gain during the winter because I am less active, may I ask why you are trying to gain weight?

Best Answer

I'm too skinny

Best Answer

Granted I haven't seen your picture but I may argue that point.

Best Answer

Yes you are!

Best Answer

yes ... the body tries to build up an insulation layer....

Best Answer