Sure, why not? It makes the trip more enjoyable for you and the poor kid who has to pee. If possible plan ahead a bit and ensure that you keep some extra clothes in the car for the kid to change into when you get to a place where he can do so. That way, you can assure him that it's not only "OK" to wet his pants, but that he will have dry clothes to change into when it becomes possible to do so.

Best Answer

yes they can't help it they got out of training pants a few years ago, so just let them wet their pants.

Best Answer

any how i'm 17 and still wet my pants on car rides too, so it ain't noting to be embaresed about

Best Answer

Holding it is very bad for the bladder and causes acute discomfort. Leave the decision to them, but try to put something down on the seats beforehand ! Alternatively, plan ahead and ask if they want to wear a pul-up / diaper for the journey, and then they can pee to their hearts content !! Wish that had been an option for me at that age !!!

Best Answer

but they do have a limit they cant pee to their hearts content, almost, but no

Best Answer

Sure. why not.? Get kids pull up diapers. Many many and many people like them.

Best Answer

there should be no necessity to ask for ...

Best Answer

:(

Best Answer

would put them in pull up if history and let it be

Best Answer

think pulls are better sorry

Best Answer

I say yes. I wish I had this option when I was a kid. We traveled all the time. I loved the trips, but, the car ride was torture. My parents didn't want to stop that much. And they would get mad if I had an accident. My daughter is turning 10 this week and will be going on her first long trip with us. I've already given her the option of sitting on a towel and plastic bag, with spare clothes on the side. Or, she could wear protection along the way. She wrinkled her nose at me when I told her. But, I think she will understand once we are under way.

Best Answer

yes but they'd be better off in nappies

Best Answer

The boys should be allowed to act on their discretion, especially if a plastic sheet or similar item is on hand to keep the car seats dry while the pants are wet.

Best Answer

Children at that age level should be mature enough to determine if they should wet their pants during long car rides, and at any other situation as such may be deemed suitable.

Best Answer

If everyone concerned is happy about it then why not. I might consider the use of pull up's and would protect the car seats.

Best Answer

Allow would mean they wouldn't get in trouble or punished because they lost control of their bladders or the pain was so bad they asked if they could just let go.<br />
I wouldn't chastise a person of any age that was caught in a situation like that. That is very embarrassing to most people past age eight or so to get caught in traffic when a very urgent need and there is no way to get to the a restroom. <br />
There is no need to make the situation become a very traumatic and/or humiliating experience. Treat the person like you would want to be treated. Give some respect and don't belittle the person who has had a genuine accident.<br />
At the same time, it is cruel for the person who can hold it the longest (which often is the driver) to refuse to stop when restrooms become available. <br />
The comment such as, "You should have gone to the restroom when we last stopped. We are not going to stop again until those that went to the restroom when we last stopped need to go again. You will have to hold it or **** your pants." That borders on abusive behavior by the person in charge.

Best Answer

Well, if you have a towel or a plastic bag or something so you don't ruin the car seat, I would argue that letting them wet their pants is better than making them suffer. Or perhaps you could let them wear diapers.

Best Answer