BloviatingBuffoon BloviatingBuffoon 70+, F 13 Answers Oct 19, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

No. The day you start dictating to them how they should live their life is the day they stop being your significant other.

Best Answer

Love that isn't free isn't real. What that means is that when you try to control someone's life, as to who they can and cannot associate with, you're not showing love; you're showing your own insecurity--your own fear of losing that person.

Best Answer

Yes...if the choice is between that and living with agonized acceptance...

Best Answer

No .. if you're an adult you decide who your friends are.

But if your s/o thinks that someone might really be a negative influence in your life ... they could tell you how they feel. That's OK .. but giving someone orders on who they can have as a friend ... no.

Best Answer

No, but if they make you uncomfortable...you might say you prefer they don't hang out in your house and certainly not around your kids.

Best Answer

Yes, for sure. If you perceive the friend to be a threat to the safety of your family, you have the right to demand that person be eliminated from your circle.

Best Answer

if the person is a treat, that seems like something one could explain to one's spouse without having to tell them they can't be friends with them

Best Answer

opps I meant threat

Best Answer

Use to think no .. but know i thing As long as you think it's best for you both its ok

Best Answer

My partner did that to me last week... **** what a problem that was! :-( shouldn't let s**t like that become a huge thing as it's stupid. He didn't think I would cheat but he made me feel like **** :(

Best Answer

jealousy is such a monster

Best Answer

when they have bad intentions

Best Answer

When they are clearly hotter

Best Answer