They need guidance yes, but too many people confuse that with complete control.

Best Answer

Some can...I'm not promoting judgment,but genuine care and concerne

Best Answer

I brought up three children who are all adults now. Of course children need guidance. An integral part of a parents responsibility is teaching their children right from wrong. However, it's important, as children grow up, to realize when to lighten up and let them make decisions for themselves. I am still here to give my children guidance, but these days only when they ask or on some occasions when they appear to be extremely conflicted and/or lost...

Best Answer

I agree. This question came from some of the young ones I see on here. The 13 year olds looking for a daddy and many older men willing to sign up. I have to wonder if it was their daughter if they would still be okay with this behavior?

Best Answer

Ugh. I've been approached to be a daddy a number of times, probably because I don't keep a tight reign on my friends list. I tell them that while I am a daddy, I'm not that kind daddy.

Best Answer

But you see why I asked this question? Are we not each meant to take care of those in need?

Best Answer

Yes, helping people in need is very important. As a member of Alcoholics Anonymous, I try to help many people. It's a big part of the program. I don't just try to help alcoholics, either. In many instances though there has come a time when I have to decide if I am actually helping them or just enabling them.

Best Answer

We are all enablers, no one can argue this. Intention is what's key.

Best Answer

Yes, intention and knowing when we are not helping anymore...

Best Answer

So on point, thank you KB

Best Answer

Thanks QM. I'm pretty focused these days. I just completed the new HCV treatment and although I won't know until August, there's a 98% chance that I'm cured :)

Best Answer

Yes! Because it's true

Best Answer

possibly

Best Answer

What does this mean?

Best Answer

they have experiences every day, but we can't be there to guide or help all the time, so I think when we feel they need help or to make a more sensible choice help is needed

Best Answer

we can offer guidance to help with their decisions

Best Answer

We can. But do you?

Best Answer

For some things. I'm just winging it

Best Answer

When you see a girl or boy putting themselves in compromising situations, do you intervene in a nonjudgmental way?

Best Answer

I usually don't do anything

Best Answer

May I ask why?

Best Answer

I'm going to be frank.. And it might be my sociopathic tendencies.. But unless it directly involved me, I do nothing

Best Answer

That's apathy, not sociopathy

Best Answer

Ouch

Best Answer

I'd prefer an apathetic in my corner, I can convert them. A sociopath is wired to only care about themselves

Best Answer

I'm a sociopath

Best Answer

I just used the wrong wording, I'm not apathetic

Best Answer

I respectfully disagree

Best Answer

Um of course it's fair.

Best Answer

So when you see a child putting herself in compromising positions...ie, eliciting behavior that isn't healthy for him/her, do you get involved?

Best Answer

I would do whatever to stop someone especially young people from doing something really wrong because I use to be dumb like that.

Best Answer

Do you guise the young ones on here. Thank you :)

Best Answer

Yeah.

Best Answer

When you see a child on here getting in over her head, do you involve yourself?

Best Answer

I don't have the motivation too but, I think you should if you're already involved or if you really want to. You can't always fix stupid, think about that.

Best Answer

So you agree that they need guidance, but you're not willing to be bothered. Interesting...

Best Answer

Well, most of the time yeah.

Best Answer