He's a child and he's your son yes it's wrong

Best Answer

So I should force him to talk to me when he doesnt want to? How do I teach him the fundamentals of family? His gaming systems are a hellof alot more important than I am. hell everything is more important than I am except when he wants money.

Best Answer

Turning your back on him teaches him what?...How to be a better man?...I don't think so...You NEVER turn your back on your children...Ever...He will understand one day that you do love him but if you turn your back you both lose

Best Answer

Anyone who knows me knows I dont turn my back on anybody. Im simply not capable of holding grudging but at the same time it doesnt do me any good to keep reaching out to him if he doesnt give a damn.

Best Answer

Been there, done that, Don't worry most teenagers go through a period of being insular towards their "uncool" parents. It'll come back believe me.<br />
Good Luck and hang in there, all you can do is be mature about it all. You will reap the rewards in the long run.

Best Answer

I sure hope so my friend

Best Answer

My advise (i come out of an abusive family), dont stop talking to him...that is, let him know your interested,but dont push him into talking. That can work against you. If he calls, just talk normal to him (not about his mom...BIG no no!),about his hobbies, school, girls, cars...whatever he fancies. If you call and he doesnt want to talk at that time, just let him know your there when he does want to, and then let him be. As for helping him with everything...advise him, dont buy him! Make him feel proud about his archievements, and him earning his own things makes you feel proud as well! Hope you can work it out with him....and his mom...well, stay polite even when she is not...makes her feel like sh*t, makes you feel like sh*t, makes son feel like sh*t. Stand above that, and who knows in the futere she sees that is a better way to communicate...if not...her loss!

Best Answer

Most of your advice Ive always used but like Ive said he ignores my calls and never calls me unless he is ordered to by his mom. thanks for the advice :)

Best Answer

Give it time...at age 16 most parents seem lame right? If he doesnt want to talk, just send him your regards and let him be. Maybe an idea to use snail mail? (That is writing a letter and send it by postal service) that way you show interest,you can think about what you want to tell him, and he can read it when and where ever he wants.

Best Answer

Thanks for that idea too

Best Answer

no, thats his job. parents should give unconditional love and he probably doesnt talk to you because he's moody and stuff, it's probably just a phase too, but whats he gonna think if his dad (?) just stops talking to him? he's gonna blame himself.

Best Answer

I dont think he cares.

Best Answer

well he might, he just might not show it. i don't feel like talking to my parents very often honestly but i still care, i guess you can distance yourself and see what he does, but i wouldn't stop talking to your own son completely

Best Answer

If you don't try to build a closer relationship with him, he will only think you never cared about him. Why don't you call him, or ask him if he wants to do something with you... let him know you care. You also have to keep in mind that he's a teenager. He might not show he cares about you now, but if you're there for him now he'll appreciate you when he matures a little.

Best Answer

I truely believe the same way you do but it isnt working with this kid. Other ppls kids enjoy me but not my own. Sadly Im not able to go hang out with him and he cant be bothered to answer the phone when I call.

Best Answer

I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes kids don't understand how important it is to have their parents in their lives. Personally I would still try to call every now and then. Maybe send him letters from time to time. One day he'll wise up and return the favor.

Best Answer

We can only hope...

Best Answer

If you are expecting your kids to fall down on their Knees and thank you ,as the Father of 5 ,I can tell you It ain't gonna Happen. Children don't truly appreciate parents till they are Gone, Dead and gone, then it's too late. This is just the way it is. If you stop contacting Him you will loose him.

Best Answer

I agree with what you are saying but whats the point of calling someone who never answers the call. Im out of ideas Ive tried so hard.

Best Answer

You call once a week weather or not they respond,so they know the Ball is in their Court. Otherwise they use your not calling as an excuse,to not call you. It takes patience it will eventually pay off.

Best Answer

I dont blame you 16 is old enough to know how to give love back..If the child was 6 then thats a whole another story ..

Best Answer

I agree

Best Answer