Stereotypes do not exist in a vacuum.<br /><br />Back before ethnic jokes became un-PC, the best ethnic jokes usually came from the people who now get offended by them.

Best Answer

I believe that stereotypes.. are to some degree rooted in truth.. but it's not fair to each individual you meet in a group to use that stereotype... because every group is diverse and everyone deserves to be evaluated individually.

Best Answer

maybe not "deserves" but "should be" is a better way to look at it, then there wouldn't be any stereotypes at all ;)

Best Answer

mmmm.... some stereotypes are meant to keep us safe... for instance... I don't want to walk in a neighborhood at night because its dangerous... but if someone from that neighborhood is applying for a job with me... I'm not going to assume that that particular individual is anything other than a potentially good applicant..... I do believe that stereotypes are based on statistical observations...

Best Answer

So you won't enter the projects, but you'll work with someone who lives in the projects? ;)

Best Answer

yes...

Best Answer

What if your co-worker asked you for a ride home?

Best Answer

I would have to respectfully decline... I would take them as far as I was comfortable.

Best Answer

it is if you are looking to employ someone, in that case it would be discriminatory, but having said that, people quite often choose certain lifestyles and appearances because it appeals to them and how they are as people. in some cases, people who like rap music, dress like gangsters and generally spout off a whole lot of nasty language really ARE that type. that is just one example, so it's not always wrong to assume certain things ba<x>sed on appearances.

Best Answer

Well its really that people get mad at them, but then all the facts point to the reason they are a stereotype because they are 89.5 percent true in most cases

Best Answer

yes, in my years on this earth i've met women who i 1st meet and i think wow lay off the cheetos, then i realize wow this gal is great and have a crush on them, it's weird you blank out what you see and you see what you feel, sounds corny, but true.

Best Answer

Yes.<br />
Stereotypes would not exist at all if certain things did not have common characteristics that can be "predicted".<br />
The ignorance lies in making assumptions about any one individual or sub-group ba<x>sed on stereotypes.

Best Answer