Pay day is Friday and I have to practically beg for my check. I didn't get paid this friday because I was tired of waiting around for 2 hours for my pay. And he is HR and I am the only employee
imahag imahag 46-50, F 13 Answers Oct 3, 2009

They probably don't have enough in the bank to cover the check! Time to look for another job!

Best Answer

lol well he did let me go!

Best Answer

It depends what the laws are where the company is established. Employers, espeically small employers, may not have enough funds to cover payroll so it unfortunately, puts you in a position where you have to wait for there to be enough funds. You may be entitled to interest and any penalties you may incur due to your employer's funding issue. However, you may have to take them to small claim court for that. The problem with small employers and payroll is that they have to have enough money to pay you and pay your withholding taxes at the same time. US withholding taxes are typically due within 3 days of payroll. If those are not paid, the IRS can simply walk into town and up to your company and chain the door shut. They can, they will, they have. <br />
However, if your boss is just being a ****, I would call the Department of Labor if you live in the US.

Best Answer

thank you for the info. he also never gave me a handbook or had the labor laws posted. I am in California and I read that if you are fired or let go the employer must have your final check ready. if not he must pay me 8 hours a day up to 30 day until paid.

Best Answer

Yes, it's breach of contract. It might even be considered constructive dismissal.

Best Answer

You might contact your local Labor Relations Board. They might look into a complaint. But, I would say it's time to look for a new job, if there are any available.

Best Answer

Just ask them if they would mind waiting a few hours for you to start work on Monday morning.

Best Answer

It depends on your employment contract & terms of payment. If it stipulates the pay day period then i guess this is legally binding.<br />
And if there are no specific reasons for the delay, one shoudl not have to"Beg" for one's cheque that is rightfully earned. If it's more a habitual than a isolated financial problem, you may wish to consider looking elsewhere.

Best Answer

I'd be looking elsewhere<br />
the place I work for short pays me every now and then but that is through human error. Theres not mine. They made a mistake about 6 weeks ago and I have been chasing that (get paid fortnightly) and I noticed my pay was wrong again by my bank balance. Now will have to wait till next Wednesday to get my pay slip so I can find where they short payed me and get on to the pay lady again.<br />
I actually went into office and said to receptionist every time I call her she is at a ******* meeting. I don't believe it I think she is ******* avoiding me. Well she went and had a word with her and she came out to speak with me then.<br />
I always take a photocopy of my time sheet before sending it in.

Best Answer

my boss let me go because his business dropped 50% in sales. he said that he had to let someone go and ba<x>sed it on the amount of money i received on the register at the end of my shifts. I was not the highest paid employee and also worked with others on half shift and not on a set day or person. I asked was I being laid off and he said no I have to let you go. I asked for my finale pay and he told me I would get it in two weeks on the next payday. what can I do to get my check and is it legal to let me go for a reason that was not caused by me. I was not hired ba<x>sed on sales it is a retail dollar store. I also was stocking and cleaning the store while on cash register.

Best Answer