I'm the senior mentioned above, and the freshman is a girl I've known for years through a summer camp. The two of us have had pretty intimate conversations nearly every night for the entirety of our relationship. Anyhow, after a number of long fights and even longer apologies, I've been overtaken by new feelings for her. I'm really convinced that I love her, but I'm trying to rationalize whether I should act on my feelings and tell her about this because the age difference (17 vs. 14) just seems like it's too significant for a relationship to work. Thoughts? Thanks.
Traum Traum 18-21, M 10 Answers Nov 15, 2012 in First Love

When I was your age, I had a similar thing going on and the relationship lasted 2 years. It's totally up to you, man.

Best Answer

I'd really love to give things a try. I still have to confess how I feel first though... hopefully she feels the same way :/

Best Answer

Well my guy met his ex when he was 17 and she was 14. They were together for 12 yrs and had a daughter together. So..no issue there. Go for it. It does and can work. As long as your NOT the teacher its all good =D

Best Answer

Dude is it wrong for a 40 year old to marry a 25 year old?<br />
That's your answer

Best Answer

ok, that's a completely different age gap

Best Answer

Yeah, i was thinking the same thing when I read that.

Best Answer

That's tough dude. Well, what is it that you love about her? And does she feel as serious about you? I've had a guy tell me he was in love with me freshman year, and the relationship ended soon after because I didn't want my dating life to be completely over within the first year of high school. I had to explore my options and figure out what kind of guy I wanted to be with. Take it up with her and see how she feels. If the love is mutual and you two are seriously committed, then I don't think it's wrong.

Best Answer

That's the other half of this issue, and probably a question that'll make it's way here within the next day or so :P I'm really not sure whether she feels what I feel; it's a problem. The fact is though, I love her because her personality is basically the reciprocal of my own. She's loud, outspoken, and acts on impulse while I'm quiet, reserved, and tend to be more analytical. Plus, we're both pretty smart, and that makes for great conversation/humor.

Best Answer

Well, I hope everything works out for you then. Just keep in mind that when you go to college, she'll still be a underclassman. If you two are dating by then, be prepared for a lot of disapproval, but don't let that be the cause of a break up.

Best Answer

Thanks. Yeah, I'm anticipating that sort of reaction from people even in high school, but I feel like it'd still be worth it if we had some mutual chemistry.

Best Answer

I was 16 and dating a 20 year old. That would not fly in my house. But, for my Mom it did.

Best Answer

Its okay half those girls date freaking 21 yr olds. well at least here.

Best Answer

it is never inappropriate. if you love the person then go for it. strive hard so that the relationship will work.

Best Answer

When will she be 15 (and) does her parents approve of the relationship?

Best Answer

I've gone over to her house as a friend a few times, and she said her mom liked me a lot. I don't know if they'd approve of us fooling around though. Frankly, I don't even know if my friend is interested lol. I'm just asking about the possibility.

Best Answer

Are you more interested in having a relationship with her or having a sexual interlude with her? --if you are just wanting to date her then ask her out and see where it goes from there. I started dating my husband when he was 18 and I was 15.

Best Answer

Sex would be great, but she's a pretty devout Christian, so I couldn't ask that of her. I really just want a sense of emotional intimacy past friendship, because high school has been romantically void for me thus far.

Best Answer