I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I've come to figure out that people in general (especially teenagers and kids of this time) are meaner. They seem more concerned about their own needs and don't show repsect toward one another. That do you think?
xihearthe80sx xihearthe80sx 16-17, F 21 Answers Jan 15, 2010

actually, i think ADULTS are much more charitable, think more of other people, and are more supportive, too. watch the old 30's and 40's movies. they had pretty sharp tongues. the teens then were more respectful, by far. most, not all, teens today have no respect for their elders. at least in the USA they don't.

Best Answer

kids are meaner to adults but they're have always been mean kids.

Best Answer

Kids today are raised by a different type of parent than before. I think that explains it all.

Best Answer

It depends on how many years back you are talking... If you refer to the past fifty years or so then I agree, people have definitely lost something in the way of civic virtue, becoming more self centered. If you compare now to hundreds of years back I think you find life was far more brutal back then than it is now.

Best Answer

It's a domino effect... times have changed, people don't trust others like before... There are a lot more people now than there were before. I still think people are born with good qualities and learn to be meaner by the way they grow up nowadays.

Best Answer

I have to say Amen on this question, because the world has changed so much and if u wanna know how much I have a story called black and blue, so ur not the only one who has realized this!

Best Answer

Years ago, we let people of one race own folks of another race. It's better now, even if more of the folks are angry.

Best Answer

Its the ******* economy i tells ya!

Best Answer

I'd agree to that statement<br />
but maybe people should start caring a little more about themselves<br />
a vast majority of them are unhappy<br />
it pays to be a little selfish in finding out your true needs

Best Answer

Uh yeah.<br />
Either they've gotten meaner, or I've gotten more sensitive. I'm not exactly sure.<br />
But you're young, so maybe it isn't all my problem and something actually has happened. <br />
I know that a lot of teens just seem so extremely shallow to me. And they make me crazy sometimes listening to them talk. It does seem to be "ALL ME ALL THE TIME" with many of them. <br />
Ugh. Glad I wasn't just becoming an old fogey.

Best Answer

Yes, they are very much so. I am now 50, half a century in age. There have always been mean people but now the number is much greater, and this includes people in positions of power. There is more of a general attitude of aggression. You see it on the news and in T.V. shows.<br />
As for ages age like the middle ages, in many ways it was harder . But generally there was not near as much people sticking there nose in other peoples personal lives ect. as there is now. In most cases as long as you were not a heretic or were one but remained mum there was not a problem.

Best Answer

I don't think so but people don't take out the mean ones like they used to.

Best Answer

It's you.

Best Answer

I think its just you!

Best Answer