I take three says off work thanks to my hubby covering for me, And pick ip my grandkids wednsdsy keep til friday night, I find I let them do 100x more than I ever did my kids and I always find time to play with them Much more tine than I did my kids.... And I hear mom if I would have done that you would have timed out me ... Blah blah blah They just don't Anger me!!! Even if they tear down house
Cerxx Cerxx 41-45, F 10 Answers Apr 25, 2012

It is because you shower your love and affection on them as they are primarily your Grand kids. You spoil them tolerating all their mischief , as their parents raise them to be good citizens. You only want to make them enjoy to their hearts content and give them freedom to do what they like. It is natural as you enjoy with them, as my friend Fromroad said " The best ornament in your neck is the arms of your grand kids"

Best Answer

Yes, because we don't have the same time with them that we did with our own kids. We had our kids 24/7, our grandchildren we see from time to time and that makes the time we have with them more precious.

Best Answer

Some have suggested it's an evolutionary adaptation to our unusually long childhoods. Grandmother's around the world tend to provide a great deal of support in the way of food and baby sitting.

Best Answer

Well I have 5 children and 3 grandchildren and since my two youngest daughters are not much older than my grand kids I can say i don't love them in a different way it's exactly the same way for me and since two of my grand kids live with me too I treat them al the same we do every thing together I worry about them a little bit more I guess only cause my daughters are just learning to be mothers and in this day an age your frightened incase they step out if line as I don't think they have as much freedom to grow as back then an I have loads of patience but my love definitely isn't different for me its just the same and I discipline the kids the same way as I brought my older daughters up so hopefully we all live a happy a full tiling life x x

Best Answer

It's different. You were responsible for raising your kids 24/7. Your grand-kids have someone else in charge of that; we may have some input, but their parents bear the brunt of it. The pressure is off, and you can just experience the joy without the anxiety.

Best Answer

With me I love my kids & 3 grand children, I had fun with my kids & bought them up to be respectful, I have fun with my grandkids in much the same way & they will grow up much the same. Its love.

Best Answer

oh I think it is indeed different, but I hope I don't love any I might have any less, my parents and parents in law get and receive much pleasure from our offspring, they are not subject to so much daily stress and strain is part of it I am sure.

Best Answer

EXACTly I use to sit my kids to watch movie while I nade dinner , ny grandkids are in the kitchen emptying out my pits and pans I just jump over s d around continue cooking no bother lol

Best Answer

had to grin, my 4 yr. old "helps" her gran to bake with great enthusiasm and clouds of flour. I even get her back nice and clean. Love it.

Best Answer

Me too! Everything my grandson wants to do is a wonderful idea in my mind and the mess...who cares? I tell him he can do anything he wants (except be disrespectful or cruel to the pets) and I mean it.

Best Answer

He's never been mean to the pets, but, I always want to teach a special reverense for the pets.

Best Answer

Maybe you're just older and have more patience.

My grandmother ADORES me. I have no idea why.

I'll vaguely mention that I want a new...coffee maker or something else inane and she'll literally spend weeks searching for the best one to buy me.

It annoys my mother too :D

Best Answer

I sometimes think we try to correct what we dis wrong with our children through our grandchildren .. Enjoy her that is deep deep love and spoiling yay!!!!

Best Answer

My daughter once ruined my most expensive makeup needless to say I was vivid! My grand daughter instant replay I laughed it off bought more makeup !

Best Answer