I get it she is cute, and she sings and plays guitar, but I think she should maybe be single for a while so she can write a song about something other than a guy. How bout writing a song about being an independent female? I guess she would have to be strong and independent first. It is like she can't write a song unless she has an ex boyfriend to hate on and I don't think it is fair for her to just put people on blast like that. I mean maybe some of it was her fault too did she ever stop to think that she is the reason her relationships don't work. Anyway I don't actually care I am just sick of hearing that stupid nursery rhyme of a song "we are never ever ever blah blah blah"
aprilriver aprilriver 31-35, F 11 Answers Nov 6, 2012 in Music

Meh, it's a marketing gimmick lots of artists have used. She's just catering to her demographic which is teenage girls. Songs about romance + angst = teenage listeners = easy money in her pocket.

Best Answer

it's not just you

Best Answer

Unfortunately she's a perfect example of the difficulty everyone is having making the transition from an agrarian culture to a high tech one. Not just women, but men as well are facing a difficult time and the crap isn't likely to stop hitting the fan for another couple of generations.

Best Answer

lol...it's not just you :)

Best Answer

it not you she is

Best Answer

She looks like a mouse...They are annoying but I still seem to be able to somehow sing along when one of her songs come on...

Best Answer

That is why it is so damned annoying.

Best Answer

Then don’t listen to her music.

Best Answer

I don't do it intentionally, but if I go into a store and it is on then I really don't have a choice in the matter.

Best Answer

She has shown her independence by having such a good career. I don't think she is whiny co..<br />
I think she is a good role model for the young girls. Would you rather have our girls look up to madonna, gaga, or minaj?

Best Answer

I would rather them not look up to people who are famous for simply singing a song. There is other things besides what is on your tv and radio. Being successful is not something you do on your own. She has an agent an manager a stylist and a makeup artist...not very independent.

Best Answer

You have a good point but the reality is that she is a role model for the young girls. Why they see these performers as role models is indeed a separate problem.

Best Answer

It is, but now that she is a role model she should take some responsibility rather than show girls how to jump from one relationship to another. It is fine that she started that way but now that she has that power she should set an example. At least some of the other bumble gum twits try to be encouraging.

Best Answer

Why is it bad to jump from one to another? She is not filling the world with babies and is paying her own way in life. Maybe the young girls will see they can have fun and be responsible.

Best Answer

Good point, but It just reminds me of a girl that doesn't think she is complete unless some man is loving her. Nothing wrong with it per se, but I think girls should know there own worth without the involvement of a man.

Best Answer

I may see Taylor differently due to my age and gender and because I play guitar but I see Taylor as loving her music more that the string of guys and when the one comes along, I think she will be more prepared than the rest of the celebrity idiots.

Best Answer

I play guitar as well, but I guess it is just a difference in preference because given the responses I can see that there are those that do agree. I would just like to see her be a bit more independent instead of always singing about how some guy did something wrong to her. There are only so many songs you can write about that.

Best Answer

Actually she wrote most of her songs. Give the girl some credit. She's super talented and entertaining. The manager and stylist are there because of that.

Best Answer

I haven't taken anything away from the fact that she has talent for what she does, it is the way she does it. I know she writes her own songs, but that is part of my problem with it, don't just write about how you are sad some boy left you. It seems like she has been in all these relationships and only felt one way about it. Other artists would show a range of complex emotions and she seems rather one dimensional. I would like to see her write songs when she isn't in a relationship, be single for a year and see what comes out of it. I get it, but it isn't my cup of tea and that is fine. I just think she has a little bit of an attitude, Look at what she did at the Grammy's and then she can't even take a joke. She is a little immature because I know plenty of teenagers and 20 somethings that know better than to burn bridges with your exes. Everyone knows the one talking **** after a relationship ends is the one who was wrong. The person who stays quiet and deals with it, is the better person, Always.

Best Answer

I agree. She ****** me off.

Best Answer

Yes yes death to the whiny ***** har har

Best Answer