SHe has had this dream about being a rockstar for about two years now. And just recent'y I've heard her sing (She has a "thing" about singing in front of people. Ironic, huh?) It was bad. Not my taste in music bad but vocally bad. But What I'm really scared for is her back up plan is to become a tattoo artist (can't draw either but she can take classes) and she refuses to go to college (Not even major in music or art or something) because she doesn't think she needs it like many rock stars (such as Dave Grohl). She is my best friend and we are in ninth grade. Is it my place to tell her and crush her dreams? Or should I just figure it is just a passing fad? Thank you for reading.
ArtYouFeel ArtYouFeel 13-15, F 17 Answers Sep 10, 2012 in Youth

she will have about 50 more career ideas in the next 3 years, so just hang in there with her. as long as she isnt huritng anybody including herself it isnt a big deal.

Best Answer

What age is 9th grade? Im from New Zealand so our grades are different. If your young I wouldnt worry to much because she will probibly, hopefully grow out of it, if your a bit older and want to save her from potential embarrasment then youl need to get some one who knows what they are talking about to break it to her, like a vocal coach from your school or some where else. Be there to give her cuddles and love, also have prepared as many things you can think of that she IS GOOD AT. Tell her that every artist is only as good as the time they spend practising/learning bout their craft and that Dave Grohl is absolutely NO EXCEPTION to that RULE. Hope this helps :) And Im stoked that you dont want your friend to look silly, shes lucky to have a friend as careing as you :)

Best Answer

Tell her the truth; she has potential, but really needs a voice trainer. The trainer will be brutally honest. You're off the hook.

Best Answer

I think it will pass,your friend is young and other things will come along hopefully.

Best Answer

Cover your ears and cry when she sings...

Best Answer

Don't burst her bubble. Encourage her to seek vocal lessons to improve her "style". They will help her train her voice. Whatever. Don't crush her dreams. If reality crushes them, then she will only remember how supportive you were, as any friend should be. Don't forget, Cher was turned down in her time because the big shots said her voice was too low and not up to par considering the current female singers!

Best Answer

Tell her you have written her a song about a friend who thinks she can sing but sounds gross

Best Answer

You don't have to be able to sing to be a rock star.

Best Answer

I wasn't aware that you had to be a good singer in order to be a rock star.

Best Answer

Let it go for now.. because if she really wants that parents are going to have to be in this somewhere.. so be a friend, enjoy the fun you have together.. make some good memories.. even sing together.. who cares if she can't.. your kids yet.

Best Answer

dont be a dream killer, you will never know what could happen in the future. She makes it, you sponge off her. LOL!

Best Answer