This is an older family member. They have 2 income sources, while Im an out of work(but actively looking) single mother receiving no child support. They act like I owe them their food, cable, and all other necessities. Every month asking to borrow between $300 - $500. I asked to borrow $10 for 2 days and was told they couldn't because they had to buy a stamp. If I say anything, they act like Im out of my mind, but Ive about had it with the freeloading and am about to blow!!
LadyHawke68 LadyHawke68 41-45, F 6 Answers May 16 in Parenting & Family

Stop, What do you think all this anger is doing to your body and mind?If you're not giving with love .. Dont

Best Answer

You know, my son really put it to me the best way. We were having a conversation about my mother and her sense of entitlement. I said something about wondering who she could or would live with when we move or end this current living arrangement. He looked at me and said, 'No one is going to want to live with her mom, only someone who can't stand up for themselves.' Ouch!! Too say the least. Even a 12 year old can see the reality here. It's funny how we allow ourselves to get caught up in situations and allow ourselves to be taken advantage of, I really do not want to have to confront the situation and find myself getting angry that I even have to, it's my mother, who should have the best interest of her child at heart. The key word is should, I guess I just have to set and stick to some boundaries. Not looking forward to it.

Best Answer

Girl, you need blow. Freeloading family members are the worse. Ugh.....

Best Answer

You don't owe them anything like that. You need to tell them what needs to and is going to change. Quit lending them money and speak your mind instead of holding it all in till you want to explode. That will destroy a relationship faster than anything.<br />
And that is one hell of a stamp.

Best Answer

**** those losers

Best Answer