Yes. She is showing her ignorance towards something she doesnt understand.

Best Answer

she doesn't get it. most people who have never cut don't understand that cutters are not trying to kill themselves.

Best Answer

listen to Babz

Best Answer

I wish EP had a button for these Qs

Best Answer

me too. or like a "red phone" we could pick up

Best Answer

Back up the train- the real Q is why are you cutting in the first place. You need help- you are self destructive

Best Answer

No.. I am not but i do cut because i don't like myself and i feel i don't know lose at times as well

Best Answer

Well no but i do cut because of the fact that i just don't like myself and o miss my mom.

Best Answer

You need to get professional help- You are deeeply hurting and unless you get the help you deserve something awful may happen. Please reach out to a counselor at school if you do not have family to talk to.

Best Answer

Hm i don't like to talk about it but i can try to i guess thanks....:)

Best Answer

You really have to- at the very least you want to avoid getting infected, which is very common

Best Answer

Yea.. i tend not to but i guess i can do that right now.

Best Answer

Seriously - that is why you cut because you won't talk about what is bothering you - you need professional help - and you WILL feel much better. Find someone you can open up to - people care about you and that is why they say you are suicidal. It scares them. Think about the people who love and who have loved you - would they want you to do this? I think not! Reach out to someone and ask for help.

Best Answer

The last time i talk about my cutting with a counselor i was sexually abused my them that is why i tend not to talk about it.

Best Answer

yes it is normall for someone to say you are suicidal because they are frightend for you,but in reality cutting is generally a self punishment used to hurt yourself but not to kill yourself.it can relieve pain in the mind by replacing it physically but only for a short time.<br />
a major concern is something like 30% off all suicides are actually accidents meant to hurt but not kill themselves<br />
mike

Best Answer

People who don't have any tendency to self-injury tend to lump it all together. It's hard for them to imagine that their own forms of self-medication are just as dangerous, if less messy.

Best Answer

Yes, it is normal. It's an assumption, sure. Sometimes, a suicidal/depressed individual will cut. It's just two things that go together, just not necessarily all the time. <br />
It's a very shocking thing to handle as well, don't forget that. People get scared and don't know how to react to it.

Best Answer

Oh, sweetie. I'm so sorry to hear that. I really hope you feel better. <br />
I would recommend to you this movie called What The Bleep, but not because of all of the things they say on it, but because of this one scene where the main character has a bath to relax and ends up drawing all over her body. Your body is precious, sinisterlynn, and I'm sure it would be fun to draw instead. Whenever you get the urge to cut yourself, how about you grab a color marker, pick your favourite color and start drawing whatever you feel like drawing on that same spot you were considering to cut? Now I'm guessing there is a feeling that the cutting gives you, that you are seeking. This may work like addictions, you feel like you need it, but you truly don't. You want it, you have the power to avoid it. Imagine the person you love the most cutting themselves, how would you feel then?<br />
Like other posters suggested, therapy would really help you cope with whatever you're going through. The loss of your mom is something a therapist can help you deal with. This happens to people of all ages, and it's always hard. Hope this helped, wish you the best. <br />
Warm hug,<br />
Maris

Best Answer

Thanks i will have to check that out and wow that was really nice to say thanks..:) Warm hug to you as well

Best Answer

It was probably very disturbing for her to find out that you do this because being your friend she is concerned for you. I think it's probably a pretty normal response. I hope you reassured her that you weren't trying to kill yourself and actually do go get some help. If you get some help you may not feel like you have to cut anymore because you can learn techniques that actually help you cope rather just than releasing in such a harmful way.

Best Answer

If you were my friend, I'd do a little more than call you suicidal. However, most cutters do not contemplate suicide, they are simply trying to escape emotional pain. Get counseling...cutting is not really releasing any of your pain, only masking it.

Best Answer

She doesn't understand why you cut, so yes that's a completely normal assumption. Cutting isn't about being suicidal, but it is in no way healthy for you. Find a better way of expressing yourself. Music, art, poetry, writing in a journal, etc.

Best Answer

Okay.

Best Answer

Yeah. I'd keep checking up on you

Best Answer

Anyone who hurts themselves appear that way

Best Answer

Maybe because they are only trying to show how sick this practice is. You need to get some therapy by looking up mental health in your yellow pages.

Best Answer