Don't think the drugs are involved.
SunnySmile SunnySmile 31-35, F 13 Answers May 6, 2011

I have dilated pupils too. I have been this way all my life and my little brothers are the same way. As long as the pupils are able to constrict properly in sunlight, I wouldn't worry about it too much. As a teenager, I had a few comments about them (are you taking drugs/medicine, etc.), and up until then I never really thought about it, but it makes sense now looking back at all the pictures with me having "red eyes." I mentioned it to the eye Dr., and he told me that he doesn't always use the dilation drops on me to see into my eyes, because they are already dilated enough. He said it is normal - just any other genetic trait, such as the size of your nose. He did say that it is a sign of beauty. That reminded me of a TV show demonstrating how models are photo-shopped in ads, including dilating their pupils to suggest arousal. So I'm not sure if that is really true/scientifically accurate or even related to what the Dr. said. I figured he was just being nice. I read that it can cause some light sensitivity even at night, but other than that it is harmless. I have also read that the older you get, the less dilated your eyes become. Most middle-age to elderly people I know have very small pupils, so this will most likely change. I hope this helps answer your question!

Oh and on another thread like this, I read this comment: "I'm not a professional but I do study medical files online a lot and from what I have learned, dilated pupils means that you have proper or excess dopamine and/or norepinepherine in the synapse and maybe the transporters for both are just not enough, but I also no that when pupils are naturally dilated the person should have better multitasking ability and better cerebral function then most (should be a smart kid)." Haha not sure how true this one is either, but my brothers and I were all academically and artistically talented. But if you're really concerned, a specialist will let you know!

Best Answer

My are always dilated and don't respond to light. I have something calls Holmes-Adie syndrome. I wear glasses to help my eyes focus and hate the light!

Best Answer

I see. Thanks for the answer :)

Best Answer

sometimes it means they love what they see, i can dilate on cue

Best Answer

Didn't know that. But not sure if that's the case here, though who knows. Thanks for your answer.

Best Answer

Yes if it has been all your life. My daughter has this condition also. Nothing to be worried about, I was assured by my doctor when she was still a little baby. Although she wears glasses this is not the result of the dilated pupils.

Well, wrong term sorry, not a condition simply similar to your eyes also!

Best Answer

...sorry.. that is NO not yes...

Best Answer

Thanks for your answer. But what condition are you talking about?

Best Answer

very simply put, no love, thats not normal.. check fr drugs, metabolic disorders, eye pressure to name a few ..

Best Answer

Thanks for your answer. I'll try to talk to her to check what might be the cause. Don't think drugs are involved though.

Best Answer

No, in medicine we refer to people who have had head trauma as having pupils that are fixed a dilated

Best Answer

Not sure if she had head trauma, I'll check. But can pupils be dilated years after a head trauma?

Best Answer

could be an indicator of head trauma or not

Best Answer

Thanks. I'm not aware of her suffering any had trauma, but I'll definitely check.

Best Answer

Don't make more out of it than what it is. Absolutely and totally normal. Assuming that hallucinogenic LSD tripping, catatonia and the onset of hypnotic trance is part of what defines normality for you.

Best Answer

haha, very funny. no, none of that is normal for me. And I don't think that's the case here.
Thanks for your answer.

Best Answer

Could be drugs (recreational or medicinal), could be he or she is excited about whatever he or she is looking at. A lot of dilated pupils at a ***** bar I'm sure.

Best Answer

Didn't know that. But I'm talking about my sister-in-law.
I noticed it before, but thought maybe its just my imagination. But I've spent enough time with her to see they're always like that.
I don't think drugs are involved. Especially now, since she's few months pregnant.

Best Answer

No..drugs are involved

Best Answer

I really don't think they are. She didn't show any signs of drug abuse before, and now she's few months pregnant. It took them 6 years to conceive, she desperately wants a child. I don't think she will jeopardize it now.

Best Answer

Sometimes its a sing that u can see more then other people can, like (your gonna think I am weird) spirits and energy all around you. That's my case anyway.

Best Answer