My mother is obsessed with my false autism diagnosis. Subsequent tests show that I do not have autism. I was assessed by a psychiatrist when I was ten years old, and it was found that I have an IQ of 180, yet my parents ignore this, and treat me as if I am five years old, telling me how to lock a door constantly, or how to iron clothes. I know how to do that crap already, and my parents then complain of how I act like I'm ten years old all the time. My internet self represents the real me, my voice is deeper as well and I talk more slowly.
IncIined IncIined 18-21 5 Answers Dec 23, 2013 in Community

It is a self fulling prophesy, when they act like that remind yourself of how intelligent you are and shut out their words.

Best Answer

You will tend to act the Part. Most children do. For your own good you should avoid doing this. One day your parents will be gone ,and you will have to make it on your Own. You need to be preparing for that day. Be as self sufficient as you can.Because you can. Best Wishes. :)

Best Answer

yes its hard to overcome peoples perceptions

you can overcome them though go to college or university and find your own social group , find independence and then get a job and you will hopefully prove them wrong or at least gain enough self confidence not to care

Best Answer

I feel like all parents treat their children like children, no matter what the age is. My parents do that to me and I've never taken any tests. If you want to get away from that, I would just deal with it until you go off to college and are free from your parents to do whatever you want c:

Best Answer

I'm wondering if it would scare her for me to suddenly begin talking normally and acting like my real self.

Best Answer

That's up to you to do.

Best Answer

be yourself
dont pretend to be anyone else

Best Answer