and I mean physical pain
IdleTraveller IdleTraveller 22-25, F 24 Answers Feb 4, 2010

I don't know if it is normal but it is not uncommon. I have experienced pain a few times in my dreams, but it was an unusual situation where I had a re-occuring dream that I am not so sure was just a dream....anyway in my dream this snake would persue me, now I love snakes, had em as pets so snakes don't scare me, to keep this thing from getting to me I would grab it with both hands around it's head/neck area and try to hold it off me; it as always too strong for me and occasionally it would bite my hand and it was intense horrible pain that remaned for a while even after I woke up! Eventually I got tired of fighting it and in one dream I stomped on it with my heal and it dissolved and I never dreamt of it again.

Best Answer

I HAVE HAD THE SAME EXACT DREAMS!! I just recently "destroyed " mine , I hope I am as lucky as you are and do not have this dream again !

Best Answer

I just had a dream I had to wake up from because the pain was so excruciating. It radiated from my toes to my mid chins on both legs. It was a burning feeling! And in my dream, supposedly it was a reaction that happened when I stepped on one side of my living room, in which I thought it was a bunch of fire ants that were biting me, my husband went to go see and felt it too (in my dream), and he said it was a reaction to grass (and I'm NOT allergic to grass)... I woke up and my legs felt like they were relieved of pain, but still a bit numb from being relieved. I felt my feet and legs to make sure nothing had bit me in real life and I just had goose bumps and it was slightly itchy. Could it have been that I'm 5 months pregnant and having leg cramps that are effecting me in my dreams? possibly... but at this moment, I just a bit shocked, and definitely need to go back to sleep.

Best Answer

I can feel pain and I can taste things in my dreams. Today I experienced something different. I had a nap and woke up because someone was pulling my arm really hard also felt like someone was Chinese burning me, woke up no one was there. Fell asleep again and woke up because it felt like my foot and some of my leg was burning and also felt like I had really bad pins and needles. Woke up my leg was fine. I find it really strange.

Best Answer

See i've always had this thing when I was a kid when I had nightmares I felt a sort of pain but it's hard to say. It's not like the pain you'd feel if it happened in while awake. In my dream I got stabbed a bunch of times and what I experience is kinda like how it feels when your foot falls asleep but a lot worse though none of my limbs are sleeping. It's just hard to explain because it's not pain but more feeling thats just not comfortable it makes me afraid to be hurt in dreams.

Best Answer

In reality, pain isnt even real... pain is the nerves in your body sending messages to your brain so that you know something is wrong. The same goes for all your senses (hence being able to 'see' your dream with your eyes closed). I had a vivid/ slightly lucid dream, in which, my ankle was hit with a cat of nine tails (a whip dipped in tar with glass shards, nails, stones, etc. em<x>bedded in the tar) I was running in the dream, hobbling and saying out loud, "So you really do feel pain in dreams." When I woke up, my ankle was sore. On another account, i had a dream that I was throwing up maggots (I felt them wriggling in my throat.) To this day I am afraid of throwing up and the sight on grubs/ maggots makes me gag. Pain in dreams is normal for a vivid dream, mostly because pain is arguably not real.

Best Answer

I enjoy Halo very much. I have started to read the books and i now have dreams that are from them. Along with these I am able to feel the pain they feel in the book. It has progressed to the point that I'm able to feel death. The feeling isn't describable. If anyone else is like this please let me know. <br />
This isn't something for a 14 year old to go through. Before someone says to tell my parents, I have told them. They say its all in my head. But when you wake up with a bruise from a dream, what can you believe?

Best Answer

Love your name by the way, he is such an awesome character. But down to the spaghetti... I also experience that weird death feeling, so your not alone. But for the whole bruise issue I think it may be your nerves over reacting to your dream pain and thus it damages it self, or it could be a bruise that had developed from earlier hits from the day and began to hurt so your dream had incorporated it into what you were feeling.

Best Answer

For about four weeks now i have been having the same general dream but it is always different pain i have been having dreams that i am being tortured and i actually feel the pain i dont realize im dreaming until i wake up the pain is so realistic and extreme it is just a series of images of people dying and being killed and im feeling all of their pain they had before they died....If anyone else has experienced this comment on thisand ill get in touch with you asap

Best Answer

I have the same thing! Like i will get hurt badly in my dream and when i wake up, i will be sore or i will have really bad pain.

Best Answer

I've had a couple of dreams recently where I have felt pain.

Best Answer

It is very normal to feel pain or even have *******. The mind is just reacting to a persception real or not. That even happens sometimes when awake.

Best Answer

because you have already physical pain so that pain comes with you in your dream .... I always have this situation .

Best Answer

The mind is amazing. My dreams are always rich and detailed. I smell, hear, feel subtle texture, taste and feel pain. <br />
Perhaps feeling pain is not common, but I dont think it is anything to worry about. <br />
however, I have found that what I dream about DOES indicate some complexity in my mind that I have not yet explored.<br />
So what happened in this dream? Maybe you could figure out what the dream means.

Best Answer

im not sure about any PHYSICAL pain,but ive had dreams about my parents dying,and ive woken up from it with tears streaming down my face...

Best Answer

i think idletraveller is texting about abusive painful and if so that's the first I've heard of, there is a whole dream section here in EP, send it there

Best Answer

If you feel physical pain, then it is usually a physical problem you may or may not be aware of when awake. Many times things we are not consciously aware of manifest when we sleep.

Best Answer

if it is a sad dream then it is very normal to feel emotional pain in your dream.

Best Answer

Yes becasue you are in conflict somewhere in your life you need to solve this your body is tellling you that

Best Answer

probably means you fell asleep in the wrong place again.<br />
A clue about your condition might be that beer doesnt make your crotch hurt.

Best Answer

Emotionally or physically?

Best Answer

One time, I had a dream about spiders (I HATE spiders), and in the dream, a huge spider landed on my shoulder. It didn't bite, but I freaked out because I HATE spiders. I immediately woke up and my whole shoulder was numb.

Best Answer

Im a guy I cant stand thim I have a hard time killing them.
they give me the chills, It's strange I don't think I ever had a dream about them.
There's only so many same dreams I have?!

Best Answer

I have dreams where i feel pain but as if its happening... The other night i dreamt i got stabbed in chest and it felt like i was actually stabbed i was coughing up blood and then i stopped breathing... Ive had dreams like this since i was about 7 years old. Im 16 now and i have these dreams alot. Ive felt my limbs being ripped apart from me, stabbed, shot, cut up, and being decapetated. Its horrible and scary to know what death feels like....

Best Answer