I have never been single and never lived on my own without a partner since I was 16. and now for the first time since I was 16 years old I am single and living on my own. is it normal to feel like I am forever going to be alone I feel like a complete emotional mess at times its very scary which is one reason I stayed so long in a relationship I didn't want to be in. is there ever going to be light at the end of this lonely tunnel?
justcozimnosey justcozimnosey 22-25, F 10 Answers Jan 8 in Community

It is normal for people like you who have always been "involved", but eventually, you can and will be able to travel around alone with relative comfort. You'll establish friendships on your own and in time will find happiness. Perhaps later on, another relationship can begin and thrive.

Best Answer

thankyou ;)

Best Answer

Yes, it is absolutely normal. I was in the same situation when my husband and I separated years ago. It took me a while to adjust, but I did and you will too. Best wishes, you'll be fine. :-)

Best Answer

thankyou ;)

Best Answer

:-)

Best Answer

Yes it's normal, and of course there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Best Answer

Very normal to feel the way you do. Coming out of a relationship can sometimes leave people feeling broken and low in self esteem. It's not unusual for people to self evaluate and ask what they themselves did wrong for the relationship to fail. Give it time. Your confidence will pick up. Your emotional mess is probably stemming from the end of the relationship and not about being single. There's a subtle difference. After you get over the break up, you'll feel better about being single.

Best Answer

I have been struggling that's why I am an emotional mess.
I ended a relationship because I have known for a long time I am gay and I couldn't do it any longer it was making me so depressed.
but all over the last 12 months I have had a crush on someone I cannot have, come out of a 14 year long relationship and am single and living alone for the first time and actually accepting myself and trying not to feel guilty for my past it wears me down.
and I am scared I will forever be alone as well oh and ive lost some friends because of it.

Best Answer

Sounds like you're going through a lot. It's hard to believe now, but you won't be alone forever. You will be in a better situation in the future, then living in denial whilst in a relationship with a man. I like to think of the following when I'm down: The good times I wish could last forever, but there is nothing I can do to stop time and prevent things from changing. The bad times I wish could disappear in an instant, but I can't change time and thankfully there is nothing I can do that can prevent things from changing and getting better.

Best Answer

thankyou even just sitting here reading all of this takes a weight off.

Best Answer

trust me it does get better :) lol but it does at time's suck so just be cool :) lol

Best Answer

lol I am trying I have my down days but I am a lot happier than what I was.

Best Answer

hey that's ok to ,who don't have a down day :)lol just one of them things ,you know what I mean ??

Best Answer

I do know what you mean and I appreciate your kind words thankyou for commenting.

Best Answer

your so welcome :-)) can u add me ??

Best Answer

I cant see why not lol.

Best Answer

wellll thk you & veryyy niceee leggz I might add :) lol

Best Answer

You are single because u havent found the luuuv of ur life yet

Best Answer