I ate fries with 3 bags of salt on them gulped down a cola after and an hour later I got a sore throat, it hurts to sneeze or swallow. My throat is just red and isn't swollen, it's still red and sore like it was yesterday. The salt content was enough to make my lips sting I'm wondering if salt causes this?
orbis102 orbis102 18-21, M 8 Answers Nov 6, 2012 in Health

yeah its pretty normal. id say just drink some water.

Best Answer

drink LOTS of water

Best Answer

Goodness!!! That is A LOT of salt!!! No wonder your throat hurts! Well, with that much salt, make sure you drink a lot of water. Salt absorbs water you know.

Best Answer

Totally normal. I ate a whole 1pound bag of sunflower seeds in a day and my throat was raw. No big deal however u might wana limit ur sodium intake too much salt is nevr good

Best Answer

After I posted about my snacking lately on popcorn and oranges wondering those were factor with my really sore throat I Google'd and found a great article online in a Q&A from a Dr. Klaper. I tried to put the link in my post but got the message that it was detected as spam. I am new here and don't know all the policies but I have no agenda but sharing and helping.
I'll go read up and learn what goes on here. The suggestion to 'please respond with authenticity, support and respect' is great !

Best Answer

you know the same thing happens to me when I eat oranges and popcorn for days at a time- they are my fav snacks to eat while watching TV

Best Answer