TheSquirrel TheSquirrel 46-50, M 4 Answers Aug 27 in Politics

The fact is simple. If they had the equivalent to the US military it would be inadequate. You cannot win a civil war and insurrection through bombs and killing people. Especially in Eastern Ukraine. They have a long history of fighting back to the last man. The only way he can "win" a military victory is to kill EVERYONE. So a military solution just does not make sense. Especially when they are broke and need free stuff and money from NATO just to be able to afford to feed their troops. I mean they can't even afford to repaint airforce aircraft.

Best Answer

That's what I thought. And I have an idea of how Ukrainians are from the small amount of history I have learned about their history, 1945-48.

Best Answer

And there is a lot of WW2 era ghosts being resurrected. Many of the militias and the more radical elements behind the government in Kiev and fighting in the front lines like Right sector, Azov and Dneiper Battalions, etc and Svaboda all idolize the likes of Stepan Bandera who wanted to create a Fascist protectorate of Nazi Germany like Franco's Spain. Bandera and company only turned on the Axis forces when Bandera realized people like Hitler don't share power and he considered Bandera and ALL Ukrainians Untermensch. On the other side you have the descendents of people who proudly served in the Red Army to drive them and the Germans out. Plus now you have the survivors of the military offensive from Kiev who have no particular political position who are signing up to fight Kiev out of vengeance. And the longer this goes on the more and more likely that the DPR will never ever want anything to do with the rest of Ukraine ever again and we will have another Yugoslavia with several small rump states.

Best Answer

God almighty, I wish I had paid more attention -- and I'm ahead of my countrymen by thousands of miles. A new Balkans. That sounds very sad.

Best Answer

There are only two military forces in the world that can match or exceed Russia: NATO and China. The US could go it alone, but it would need logistic support from NATO allies. And China would have to cross Siberia or take a flotilla halfway around the world, they won't waste their resources. NATO should show some spine. Ukraine is worth it.

Best Answer

Yes. it is.

Best Answer

yes, good enough to beat the rebels, not good enough to beat russia - which i believe is why russia is rolling in convoys now.

Best Answer