newbride2012 newbride2012 41-45, F 71 Answers Jan 2, 2013 in Family Struggles

What a bunch of biased BS! I suppose if a Mom takes her grown son to buy him underwear that's just fine, right? What's the difference? An honorable, loving father could damn sure take his daughter to buy underwear, or anything else for that matter. He might even be tickled, or a bit embarrassed at her selections... but that doesn't make any part of it bad.

Best Answer

If he is taking her shopping and she says she wants underwear, at 16 where else is he going to take her? Idk, doesn't sound that off, I think you guys are the pervs.

Best Answer

she could ask her mother

Best Answer

There are a lot of reasons not to though, I shopped with my dad as a teenager. I don't remember but I'm sure I need bras and underwear and I'm sure he took me to buy them. That alone doesn't sound like anything to be speculative about.

Best Answer

I'm not suggesting anything is going on between them I just don't see that as a place for him to take her...If men go to a lingerie shop they should be shopping for their girlfriend or wife not their daughter...give her the money if she has to buy them but personally don't think she should be wearing thongs

Best Answer

omg, talk about a bunch of made up problems...

Best Answer

i wear thongs to look sexy for my husband...question is who is she wearing hers for...it's about the age not about wearing them

Best Answer

Wow, well I grew up around a lot of teenage girls, and they start wearing them more like at 12 half the time whether their parents know or not so lets get a little realistic.

Best Answer

Oh, but I'm sure if you ran out of tampons, you'ld send your husband to the store to pick them up, right? What's the difference. I think too much emphasis is put on sexuality.

Best Answer

Maybe I'm a little old fashioned, but girls are just trying to grow up to fast.

Best Answer

I think this may be stemming from your own issues with your own sexuality. I have alot of hangs ups too, that stem from my past. It's ok, we all have issues.

Best Answer

On that subject, I don't know what the girls were like when you were your daughters age... I really don't, but you have to face it that this is how it is. It is a taboo, nothing is wrong with it, its just different. And i'm sure thongs are very common for teen girls these days.

Best Answer

some more than others apparently

Best Answer

As is teen pregnancy and abortion but I don't agree with that either...that's the problem with the world today it's easier for people to just accept it than try to deal with it and make it right

Best Answer

NO...for the 100th time. Her father can take her shopping till the cows come home that is not the issue. SHE IS TOO YOUNG TO BE WEARING THONGS AND HE SHOULDN'T BE TAKING HER INTO A PLACE FOR ADULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take her to the dam walmart and buy her freaking underwear. She has a mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

i think the issue here is what the relationship between the father and daughter is. Sure it is inapproapriate to take her to get sexy underwear, but she isn't 13 either, and maybe her father wants her to be ok with sex and respect herself. Sometimes father play a far role when it comes to their daughters and sex, and it can have an adverse effect. A father isn't necessarily there to tell his daughter that sex is bad, but more about what real relationships and sex is. So it really depends on the relationship and who this girl is imo

Best Answer

That's abit creepy not gonna lie

Best Answer

I'm a father of a now-24 year old girl and I would give that idea a definite no.

Best Answer

Nopes, dont agree with that.

Best Answer

I don't believe it is inappropriate to take her, it would be if he was gonna watch her try them on

Best Answer

nothing wrong with the mom and dad consulting with each other on how to approach this issue,,,it's a family unit,,,not a dictatorship,,,and all 3 should sit down and come to a agreeable solution,and what is best for their child,,

Best Answer

There is nothing wrong with "MOST" dads taking their daughters shopping. But if I am getting her undies... it's going to be granny panties!!! I don't even want her feeling sexy around boys until she finishes college!

Best Answer

In this day and age of 'flexible morality' and 'nothing is ever wrong', I would not be surprised if primary schools in California or Massachusetts started sponsoring Thong Fashion Shows so their female students could 'express themselves sexually and artistically as empowered women'. <br />
No, it is not okay....that is, it NOT okay for young girls to be wearing such things, and it is not okay for fathers or mothers to be buying such things for their young daughters, period. After they are 18, they do what they want but at least they have SOME values and self respect.

Best Answer

I feel sorry for you, you obviously have morality issues.

Best Answer

And I equally feel sorry for you because you don't....

Best Answer

Don't worry, he's attacking everyone that does have the same opinion

Best Answer

They are just items of clothes, I took my daughter shopping lots of times and she picked bras and knickers (mostly thongs)....don't know if Victoria's secret if different coz we don't have them.....mostly the sets were on little hangers. She never asked me if I liked them and I never passed a comment on which she chose, it was always her choice. To all of you that think this is creepy you are being foolish...I don't think it is a big secret that teenage girls wear underwear.

Best Answer

No!! Ask mom

Best Answer

It would not be wrong. However, Victoria's Secret is intended to suggest sexual intimacy in my way of thinking. My 17 year old niece that lives with me wont even stay in the same room with me if the movie is for mature audiences. Victoria's is not emergency shopping. Find a female to take her and send money for a great lunch.

Best Answer

It's sickening if you ask me. Makes him look like a phedaphile.

Best Answer

Her mother's lawyer would be *SO* grateful if he did. Talk about ammunition.

Best Answer

Why not? I have been shopping with my teen granddaughter for clothing, including thong underwear, no problem. As a nudist family there is nothing to hide if you are all regularly naturally naked.

Best Answer

OMFG! I thought I had problems!

Best Answer

Heck you are uptight, you have the problems not us, we are fine!

Best Answer

If they were going somewhere else to buy regular underwear I would see nothing weird, but since they are going to a lingerie store for thongs that are typically only for sexual activity its awkward. Not that I think he's a pervert, its just innapropriate.

Best Answer

Why do you associate thongs with sexual activity, that is ridiculous, I am a guy and I wear thong underwear because it is comfortable!

Best Answer

Its just the way it is for me.

Best Answer

So, you only wear thong when you're gonna have sex?

Best Answer

I don't wear thongs period, but if I did I would save them only for sex since I find them extremely uncomfortable.

Best Answer

Well I don't see why not.

Best Answer

No...teenager can pick their own clothes...so I think taking her to the mall is about as far as your average person would be comfortable with. If he thinks she might need help I would suggest a female family member might be better suited to give advice. It's really not the same as throwing a pack of Fruit of the Looms in the Christmas stocking.

Best Answer

Look...even as a female. I wouldn't take a child to Victoria secrete. If the girl went on her own or with contemporaries...that would make sense. As an adult taking a child to a store that basically advertises it's products in a s8xual manner...one has to wonder what you, the adult could be thinking. Now....if the child needs help finding underwear.... I don't really think he's going to have the personal experience to suggest something. Also...while I might not go through my teens clothes or throw such a thing away...but I would never purchase a thong for a child..... My problem isn't him taking his child shopping...

Best Answer

WELL SAID...My sentiments exactly!

Best Answer

Still, as his new wife..you really should stay out of it. I agree most people would not do this...but that's not to say that it is wrong to do so. I think perhaps, the problem is that you didn't know your husband and his daughter well enough before you entered the marriage. I don't think you should seek to 'fix" them......they may simply be close because it has been the two of them...not everyone is really that prudish about underwear. Not everyone thinks Victoria secret is a skeazy store. If you really are not comfortable with this guy and his daughters ways...then you may need to leave this relationship...because she is his child...and they already have an established way of doing things...and it's really not the place of the new wife to try to change everything...especially when the child is soo old.

Best Answer

First of all I think Victoria's Secret has very nice things and I shop there myself BUT I am an adult. Second of all I have not even approached either one of them with this issue and prob. will not it's just something that was on my mind and that's why I asked a public opinion. I am glad he has a good relationship with his daughter and I encourage that BUT there is a time to draw the line and she does have a mother...it's not appropriate.

Best Answer

AND TOO...if you think 16 is so old, you must not be very old yourself or either you have no morales.

Best Answer

You could have just offered to take her yourself... If you shop there. I mean 16 is too old really to change how she is being brought up...in 2 years she should be off to college. I know nothing about the relationship with the mom...I'm just going by what you given

Best Answer

**** no.

Best Answer

my dad would have shot me first...lol when he found out i was wearing them he went in my room found every pair and threw them away lol....no its creepy

Best Answer