Kids need to know the lay of the land. Talking openly about different family types will make those kids in unusual families feel validated and hopefully, more confident. Yes :o)

Best Answer

i agree, i feel that all types of families should be acknowledged. Kids dont always get to choose what type of family they get, I know i never did growing up. I know as grown-ups we have our morals, values, and own personal ideas on how the world should or should not be and kids grow up with those until they themselves live with those views or reject them as they form their own. School is tough enough and no child should have to endure this at all. Simply have a teacher who cares enough to state the basics of most every type of family out there helps those who are being bullied. Often times, the ones who are doing the bullying are doing out of how they are being raised, jealousy, and confusion. i agree every kid wants others to know they have some type of family. I had a friend that grew up with her bestfriend, because her family could not care for her. She considered them her family.

Best Answer

I would think that was ok, as long as it was worded right.

Best Answer

YES! Different forms of families exist, so why not talk about them. The important thing is that children are raised responsibly, with care and respect.

Best Answer

I know this question has already been resolved, yet it is such an interesting question I just have to comment on it. 1st thank you for asking this. My answer is a definite YES. Family values have long since been taken out of schools and politics in my opinion that created a very negative impact upon whole generations that society is suffering from. Now its being used as a political manipulation for those who do not practice good family values themselves. It will be hard to reinstate it back into schools, yet not impossible. Its important that it be put back. Thats why its called a 'value'. Still there is a fine line here that needs to be respected. The 'basics' is enough. Not ones own personal ideas imposed upon the students. Patriotism was also taken out of schools. That too has had a negative impact upon generations. Then there is the questions that will be asked, such as, who decides what the 'basics' of each of the different types of families should be? What guidelines should be instated for this? And so on... though one would think that the parents would have taught these things to their children, it has proven that it was too idealistic to assume this was all that should be needed. Not just because there is a difference between what is actually taught in the home. Things need to be taught in society as well in order to acknowledge that these things at least do exist. Thats education!

Best Answer

thank you for your reply even it was resolved. all answers are welcomed. I feel as a society and one of the baby countries, that maybe we as a society we have more compassion towards others families.

Best Answer

Ahhhhh thats correct. Thanks for pointing that out. I failed to take notice of what country you may be in. I was commenting from the American society. My country screwed up royally in this I think. Still I agree with you.It makes sense. Its important to review the different types of families that exist, so it can be looked at as the norm so to speak. Like a sense of one consciousness that its nothing to feel less or more about. Just to acknowledge that their are different types of families and that will make a difference in how children will be more accepting in this and with less prejudice and feeling they are the only one in a different type of family, as their are more types out there. btw, my dream is to visit your beautiful country. If i am correct it is Ireland as your username is Irishryane35. Gosh how did I miss that. I have been born and raised and still live on a small island myself that is Hawaii.

Best Answer