I believe it all depends on how and when you spank. I was a child abuse investigator so no I am not abusive, but sometimes children need something more then a time out and redirecting to get them to understand an important issue. I also believe if it takes more then two swats at once then you might be over doing it.

Best Answer

Yes I agree this is how I grew up as well except my grandma took it a step further...she would go get a thin limb off a tree (a switch) and we'd get that ugh! I could never do that to my daughter

Best Answer

Yes it is. Look around. Children murdering children used to be an extreme rareity. Now it's common place. It used to be if a child went to far, spank them good. They were more respectful. Now all these so called experts say don't, and your children are saying fu** you. All the new thoughts on child rearing have failed miserably and people are still tryint to say it will work. Bull. It failed. Spanking worked. Spanking will still work.<br />
That being said though, do not spank for everything. Many times talking to a child or grounding will work well. But if your child bites or hits or swears at you, or does something very bad to another child, spank that childs ***.

Best Answer

I totally agree! I've ran into so many people who are Sooo against this...

Best Answer

And look t how their children are. Disrespectful, arrogant and spoiled.

Best Answer

You do what you believe to be right. don't worry about what other people think.

Best Answer

Oh yeah I know im a fan of spanking when necessary that's how I grew up I just wanted to see wat others thought

Best Answer

Spanking is a form of punishment that has worked for 1000's of years. Not Abuse! Completely different concept. Spanking works...it's always worked.

Best Answer

No. If you hit your child you have failed as a parent imo

Best Answer

I totally understand this is your opinion but I have a question for you...do you think spanking may be necessary for some not all kids? I'm just trying to see everyone's views

Best Answer

I can see some kids might need like a tap very occasionally but never a full spanking. Spanking is losing control

Best Answer

Personally I think there needs to be a limit. Spanking isn't quite wrong unless it is taken too far. Some people get so angry at their children and hit too hard. Some seem to forget just how much stronger they are than their kids when they are angry. There should be some restraint and I don't think ob<x>jects should be used at all.

Best Answer

can i hit my dog? illegal. can i hit my child? legal. you tell me.

Best Answer

Some women LIKE to get spanked.Does not work as a punishment for her:(

Best Answer