Is it ok for your 19yr old daughter to spend the night at her boyfriends when she is living at home with her parents?
mdechelleb mdechelleb 41-45, F 22 Answers Jul 31, 2012

Whats the difference whether she lives at home or not? Is this a power trip thing...I am King and this is my castle and you obey me? What happens when you become old and decrepid like my Grandparents did and have to move in with one of your children, are they allowed to tell you that you can't go play bingo?

Best Answer

Can you actually stop her? She is not a child, she is a young woman.

Best Answer

She's 19. Not 15. You don't own her. She's old enough to make her own decisions.

Best Answer

I want to say yes, even though i'm only 15. She's an adult now an can make her own choices if she wants to bring u grandkids then she'll make that choice, if not then thats good :) whatever makes her happy, and u should trust her, cause she most likely trusts and respects you! (just thought i'd give u my opinion)

Best Answer

I say no, but that is 100% your call, if she plays the "i am an adult" card tell her to get her own place and pay her own rent and bills, being adult is a good with the bad situation

Best Answer

That's what I did. Under my roof, you live by my rules. You want to make your own rules, get your own roof to live under.

Best Answer

This is new territory, but yeh, my rules or don't let the door knob hit you... I just wanted to see what the deal was with other parents. It seems I am the only parent with rules for their "grown" kids in her circle. Oh well.

Best Answer

In my case, I made the rule that they could not sleep with the boyfriend under my roof, but in fact, unless you get a chaperone and a chastity belt, she will sleep with him, even if she has to lie to you to to do it. Now it becomes a matter of choice on your part. Would you rather have her tell you what she is doing with her life, or lie to you?

Best Answer

Yeah but with plenty of condoms.

Best Answer

Yes it's okay because she is an adult... You cant stop her

Best Answer

Yeah, she's 19. By law she's an adult. She's growing up now, you have to trust her.

Best Answer

Yeah, shes her own person now, she can make her own choices. In my opinion anyway

Best Answer

This must be very tough for u. The answer Is I don't know. Sorry.

Best Answer

No, it isn't. If something happens guess who is going to have to deal with it? She is in your home, she lives by your rules.

Best Answer

Yes, saying no will only push her to rebel against the parent's rules

Best Answer

I know it could be hard but shes an adult now, just lecture her maybe one day she'll listen :)

Best Answer

No. If she lives on her own and takes care of herself then that is her business but if she lives at home then no it is not.

Best Answer

Hell no.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer