mindy79 mindy79 26-30, F 10 Answers Nov 10, 2009

Maybe you are wondering whether going to a funeral might worsen someone's depression, Mindy? I'm presuming that is so. I can see how you might think it worked that way... and it might. But it might not. <br />
Sometimes funerals can help us to recognise the cold, solid reality of someone's death, and they can be a good, formalised way of dealing with bereavement, helping us "get over it" more easily (if we ever do).<br />
You should also consider that not going to the funeral because you are depressed might turn out to be a cause of guilt feelings and further depression in years to come.

Best Answer

well grief is depression... and someone passed away... so i think it is fine to go.

Best Answer

Is it OK with who? The only person that matters is the depressed person. If they feel that they can handle it and not get more depressed then why not? but if their gut feeling is that they will get more depressed I wouldn't go.<br />
On the other hand it could be cathertic. If you do go have a friend or support person with you. do not go alone. you can always leave the minute the funeral starts to feel overwhelming or too depressing.

Best Answer

I think it might be cathartic in a way. Feeling really sad is at least feeling something. It might jump start your brain out of a state of feeling nothing.

Best Answer

Yes<br />
Its always okay to go to a funeral to pay your respects and say goodbye. Depression is not uncommon. So many people have it in different forms and we all think our own is the worst. You may regret it if you dont go, its probaly better for your mental health if you knew this person.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

Why wouldnt it be? you'd fit in with all the others there

Best Answer

Yes. but will the funeral be okay for you to deal with? since you are depressed.

Best Answer