I have recently built a terrarium, well its more of a vivarium. But at any rate, I have an automatic mister, and before I put the frogs in, I have been trying to set up the best setting to regulate the humidity. Because of this I have been misting a ton! (I have found I need some plexi glass to cover half of the top of the cage to maintain a high enough humidity but that is besides the point) Because of all this misting the false bottom has filled up with water and I have pumped about a third of this water out. Can I go ahead and dump this water back into the reservoir of the mister? The water has only been in the vivarium for about 2 days and there's no animals, although there are plants. I already used a gallon back into the mister but I thought before I do this again I better find out if it is ok. And in the future when I have frogs can I still recycle the water into the mister if I can right now? Thanks for the help.
sk8chic100 sk8chic100 18-21, F 1 Answer Jul 1, 2012

Nooooooooooooooooo

Best Answer

please read the details... that I forgot to set...

Best Answer

I don't really know but my gut feeling would be yes you can reuse it for a bit but you may have to treat it to prevent diseases. prob something simular to a fish tank ultra light and filters. It deepends if the water is just for mist and humidity or wether they get any nutrients from it. If this is so then obviouse it need fresh water to keep fresh nutrients supplied. But i'm no expert so please seek professional help.

Best Answer