Wurkoutgurl Wurkoutgurl 36-40, F 22 Answers Nov 13, 2012 in Community

Yes.

Best Answer

Really? You think this is okay....share with me your reasoning behind this...I'm curious.

Best Answer

Well , I'm not really a cat.

Best Answer

Not your avi pic silly! I'm talking about putting pictures up of a completely different person...and claiming it is you.

Best Answer

Lol

Best Answer

No it's not ok, its deceitful and creepy. I have seen someone on here doing that just recent, and these are family pictures. It's pretty vile.

Best Answer

Wow! That is beyond wrong.....and sooo sad. Why would people do such a thing?

Best Answer

Only if you are a Loooooooser....

Best Answer

i think not

Best Answer

Are you talking about what/who I think you're talking about???...

Best Answer

Yep. I'm still bothered by it. I don't like to be told lies...not matter how 'innocent' the person may think it is. And I don't like other people believing lies....just gets too me.

Best Answer

Makes them a liar

Best Answer

I agree. Makes me sad that it's so easy for people to lie. =(

Best Answer

A lot of people use random pix as avi's...but If they are saying it is them and it isn't, that is not cool. I would prolly say something to them like Gemzaayy suggested; that you happened upon their pic via 'googleimages' or 'tineye'.

Best Answer

Avi pics...I'm fine with. But if they have a ton of pics on there profile page...and none of them are that person...yet they write descriptions under the pics claiming to be them..It just disturbes me. I've tried to ignore it...but it just bothers me.

Best Answer

I think it depends on the context.

If you are pretending to be someone you're not, that's not cool. That is dishonest and deceptive.

Some folks post pictures as their avatars that are inanimate objects (such as mine). I don't pretend that I am a pair of sails. Similarly, some may use funny, historical, or famous photos for their avatars. I see nothing wrong with that.

Best Answer

I'm fine with the avi pics. No problem there. I mean posting pics that aren't you on your profile page...but telling everyone it is you.

Best Answer

That is dishonest. It is never okay to lie!
(Well, except for little white lies, like "I'd love to come to your kids' birthday party, but I have plans")

Best Answer

hahaha! Or....I just LOVE this puke green turtle neck sweater!

Best Answer

u mean this is really u...?

Best Answer

Yep...it really is! But I'm not really talking about the avi pics. I mean pics someone posts on their page.

Best Answer

No one in their right mind would would post and claim my pictures to con anyone, Ha!

Best Answer

Lol! No, but the do use someone elses....

Best Answer

No it sucks x

Best Answer

So how would you handle it if you knew someone was doing this?

Best Answer

Huni .. Do you know who it is

Best Answer

I don't know them personally. But, discovered these things when they friended me. They have been nice to me...but it bothers me that I have figured them out...but others have not and they are being deceived.

Best Answer

Well .. If it ain't harmful leave it be .. Harmful shout it from the rooftops :-) x

Best Answer

Thanks for the advice. As you can tell, I take it to heart when someone isn't honest.

Best Answer

I know .. Me too xx

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

What would say to someone you knew was doing this?

Best Answer

I dunno really..... if it was just someone on QA Id mention images.google.com and say where thy got it from

Best Answer

They friended me....and that is how I saw the pics. They seem nice....but....it still bothers me. I don't like being deceived...or watching others be deceived.

Best Answer

Its defo not on imo... maybe just keep an eye on them if theyre nice people? It could be that theyve got shite self esteem but its still wrong

Best Answer

Thanks. Appreciate your advice. =)

Best Answer

I hope I helped a bit :-)

Best Answer

Good job Wurkout..Stay on their ***. I can't stand fakes - Could be flirting online to what you think might be a beautiful lady that says she lives on your street. Then you find out that its a gay football player or some other guy passing himself off as a female. Now I have to gag.

Best Answer