antiutopia antiutopia 56-60, M 9 Answers Jun 14 in Community

No

Best Answer

why?

Best Answer

Sure

Best Answer

Sure. We all do it, Those who say they don't are lying.

Best Answer

It's certainly not wrong.<br />
Everyone has their tastes, their preferences, and their own prejudices. So long as you do not initiate violence, it is perfectly acceptable to discriminate like anything else (regardless of what government wants to brainwash you to think otherwise or how much egalitarians want to disagree believing that only their way is right).

Best Answer

Why would that ever be ok? I can't really think of any situation where it would be ok to discriminate against a person.

Best Answer

well you are using your discrimination when you make that statement. do you know what discrimination really means or do you accept the people in powers definition of the word?

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

No, but the vast majority of people discriminate every day, just look at some of the questions posted on this site. Hair length, age, body type, clothes people wear, tattoos (or lack there of), facial hair, perceived political affiliation or religious preference and more besides the ones that get all the news like gender, color, ethnic ancestry.

Best Answer

you are right but when you put No in front of it, it makes you a hypocrite

Best Answer

I did not say I condone the actions, I was pointing out that everyone, especially those who says that they do not discriminate, a hypocrite.

Best Answer

so when you don't condone their actions does that mean you discriminate?

Best Answer

Head hurts too much already to get into a circular logic discussion on the subject. So I will concede the discussion to whatever answer you may desire that does not make you seem like you discriminate or hypocritical on the topic. (Man-o-man coming up with that reply made my own head spin....ouch).

Best Answer

I discriminate and I am a hypocrite, that was easy for me to say

Best Answer

not really.

Best Answer

sounds kinda iffy. why?

Best Answer

Sometimes discriminating can save your life. If some dude is staring at you muttering and shivering uncontrollably, and keeps walking towards you like he's gonna kill you. Wouldn't you think twice about walking past him?

Best Answer

so you use your discrimination to justify your actions?

Best Answer

if I feel my life could be in danger, yeah. But that happens like once twice a year mostly with bums. It's not like I walk around scared of black people or something.

Best Answer

what if they are Muslim or Christian and you knew that they were, would you discriminate against them

Best Answer

Are they trying to kill me or carrying a sign that says "Kill queers" or "I hate faggots"?

Best Answer

So they have to be carrying a sign then you would discriminate?

Best Answer

They have to pose a threat or look like they would pose a threat. only a fool ignores appearances, only an idiot relies on them.

Best Answer

So only if they pose a threat to you personally?

Best Answer

Yep. Otherwise it's not discrimination, it's prejudice.

Best Answer

what if they killed other people but don't pose a threat to you, would you discriminate against them?

Best Answer

What the **** are you talking about? Murder convicts that got paroled or something?

Best Answer

im talking about anyone and everyone. do you discriminate?

Best Answer

Everyone discriminates, if they say they don't they're a ******* liar.

Best Answer

thank you, is my discrimination worse then yours?

Best Answer

I don't know you. All I know about you is what you tell me and what I personally see. And right now it seems you're being self righteous.

Best Answer

im not self righteous, I discriminate and I am a hypocrite, but it is not hard for me to say, so is my discrimination worse than yours or would you use your discrimination to get to know me before you decided?

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

why?

Best Answer

Would you like to be discriminated against?

Best Answer

answering my question with a question. is your question your answer?

Best Answer

I am merely asking you to think about how the victim of discrimination feels, and that being the reason why it is not okay.

Best Answer

so if you discriminate against them they are a victim?

Best Answer

Yes. They are the victim of discrimination. That's why it is illegal here in many regards.

Best Answer

so if it is illegal to discriminate that makes it right?

Best Answer

It makes it illegal.

Best Answer

If it wasn't illegal would you discriminate?

Best Answer

the government is made up of people and those people told you what to believe so you believe it. they even made a law telling you what to believe, does that make it right because people made a law telling you what to believe? what if I was in power and I made a law telling you what to believe, would you believe it? or would you believe what you thought was right? if what you think is right is illegal we are all in trouble. discrimination is against the law so you must accept it or you are a criminal. I drew up in a free country so I don't expect you to understand

Best Answer

grew up not drew up, see, we all make mistakes, and if they make your mistake against the law you could be a criminal

Best Answer

I chose not to negatively discriminate against others as I believe it to be morally wrong. Illegal or no, I would still not be okay with discrimination.

Best Answer

I believe like you do, I was just making a point that the govt. should not tell us how to believe and what to believe in, but it makes me happy that if you have an opinion you can express it

Best Answer