Anastasia19 Anastasia19 18-21, F 18 Answers Nov 15, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Forgive them, let them move on and basically, forget about them.

Best Answer

No, if someone hurts you badly many other times, you should stay away from such a hateful person, unless you're a masochist. Something is badly wrong with anyone who hurts anyone so many times. If so0meone hurts me once, I may forgive him if he is sorry. If he does it again, I'm gone, because it's surely his habit to hurt people. He's a sadist in other words.

Best Answer

Some people always forgive because they love the person that much but its possible to get addicted to being let down by that person

Best Answer

Yes, I forgive much more easily than I forget, however.<br />
Forgiveness depends on the other person being genuinely sorry, however. If they are not remorseful, and show no sign of changing whatever factors led them to do what they did, than forgiveness just doesn't work for me -- I won't forgive them, period.

Best Answer

You need to find protection from victimization, and depending on the situation. It is very different for instance to "forgive" someone like a relative for molesting you than it is to "forgive" and ex-romantic partner for something. Forgiving doesn't mean opening up to more victimization, even in a "romantic" relationship. I realized that with my first husband. I came to understand that it wasn't good for him to be able to get away with continuing his abusive behavior on me. That was many years ago and now, after so many years, I really have no feelings one way or another about him....and that means i worked through any issues with him and also he has absolutely no power to hurt me again.

Best Answer

Sure its ok to forgive ...if u get a THRILL off being hurt so much o.O

Best Answer

Maybe yes, but I don't think I can forget.

Best Answer

That is your choice to make. I spouse's son, I will never forgive. He is banned from my home for the rest of his (or my) life. He worked hard to earn his status.

Best Answer

To forgive allows healing.

Best Answer

To forgive, allows them to victomize you again.

Best Answer

Yes... This could happen, should you be foolish enough to not learn from their actions.

Best Answer

Being too forgiving allows hurting to continue, so it can never heal.

Best Answer

the key is you have to Forgive in order to Forget i know from what i have been through in the past , want to know what went on? i have stories and its the very first one i wrote when i joined EP . title: am i really that disgusting?

Best Answer

I shall not forget, because I don't want to do so.

Best Answer

Forgiving someone does not mean accepting that they hurt you. Sometimes you forgive a person for what they did to you, but move on. Forgiveness is a beautiful thing on both ends if both people are sincere. I am grateful and feel very lucky that I have been forgiven for things I did not expect anyone to forgive me for. It made me a better person and taught me a lot about love, understanding, loyalty, trust, soo many things.It is nothing if you give forgiveness to a person who isn't really sorry and continues to hurt you again.

Best Answer

Being betrayed and victomized, three times, has taught me some things too. Forgiving that person, isn't one of them.

Best Answer

Hopefully it didn't teach you to be bitter and resentful. Victimized three times that says a lot. Even if I have to move on I always forgive who ever hurt me. I don't have to look back. I can't move on otherwise because I would carry hatred and baggage.Hatred and baggage are like poison.

Best Answer

To each their own... i guess....

Best Answer

Yes, it is ok to forgive the evil and love the person still.

Best Answer

It's insane to love a sadist.

Best Answer