I have a friend that has been dating this woman for only a month but, they have been knowing each other for years. He loves her and she loves him so they claim but, I feel he should wait. Is it really possible for a marriage to last after dating for only a month?
lookyoungenuf lookyoungenuf 46-50, M 16 Answers Dec 13, 2010

What exactly does "okay" mean? A guarantee that marriage will last forever? Or more than a few months?

In matters like this, it's best to refrain from looking at your calendar. The measurement of time is best used when making appointments and gauging how long to bake muffins. Like most tools, if used on something it has no business being used on, it can greatly complicate matters that don't need to be complicated.

As for marriage, people who tend to place too many rules on it tend to suffer the most. Placing additional rules such as how many boxes on a calendar have to pass by before a marriage ceremony takes place is perhaps one of the sillier games humans have imposed on it. Some say that most couples have no business being married because each person doesn't even know themselves let alone the other person. Letting a calendar tell a couple what to do and when to do it is one of the better examples of this.

Best Answer

Marry in haste replent at leisure.

Best Answer

NO

update

OK, basic rules then. only basic rules. @emperorofcall

But still.... it's to short. @summerwind23 who looks 17 ;-) "Knowing each other is different from "knowing each other to get married".

With luv..

Best Answer

I am not of the opinion that marriage is the best option for the couple. Granted they may have known each other for quite some time does negate the fact that there may be some serious issues that owing to their 'simple' relationship were not realised. Knowing me and living with me for the rest of your life are two entirely different senarios that couples must consider before committing to a life long relationship. I dont think that dating for a month or two is enough time for proper understanding and appreciating each other.

Best Answer

Your friend is going to have to find out on her own that it was to early. Shes just going to do what she wants. =]

Best Answer

it's a bit soon to decide to make that kind of a committment.

Best Answer

I met my wife of now 21yr's. in January,and we were married in april. We lived a state apart,and we moved in together after 3 weeks.

So, Yea,I would say it could just be ok. But,hell ya never know. I have known people that have gotton married after knowing each other for along time before they got married,and they didn't work.

Some times you get lucky,and you just know who is right.

Best Answer

My courtship was not quite that short. It was a horrible marriage. It's really a good idea to know the person really well before you marry.

Best Answer

they knew each other for many years and that helps. generally no but in this case maybe.

Best Answer

It's possible, certainly, but it would be pushing their luck. They could turn out to be perfectly suited for each other but they could also turn out to be completely unsuited. A month simply isn't enough to tell.

Best Answer