I have so much anger and trust issues from being abused my whole life. I stopped therapy because I was doing well, but now I need it again. I don't want to be in therapy forever but it looks that way. I am very damaged and screwed up.
BGer BGer 31-35, F 7 Answers Nov 11, 2012 in Emotional Health

i have a background like that too n started therapy after i got adopted. they told me it would take years to resolve some issues and others i would just have to learn to live with. dont worry about it tho cause they help with all kinds of stuff when i finally open up and tell them. they keep telling me its ok to ask for help. i still dont trust them with knowing the worst stuff but maybe later. maybe u just got some more stuff to let go too. hope u get it figured out. did they help u with trust probs?

Best Answer

my therapist recently told me i have an anger issue in that I keep it corked to tightly....So im more messed up than i thought but,its ok,She has been a great help!

Best Answer

Therapy is meant to teach you skills you don't know. A good therapist is a good teacher. If you're not learning the skills you need, you might consider a different therapist.

When I meet a therapist who has seen a client for 5 or 10 years, my assumption is that no real therapy is going on. I'm very verbal about the fact that there is NOTHING I know that would take that long to teach. If a client chooses not to adjust his/her thinking or behavior, that's different. They should just drop out of therapy until they're willing to try again.

Best Answer

I was in it for two years and then ended because I am doing well. Now I am returning to the same behaviors which brought me to therapy in the first place. Sad and pathetic.

Best Answer

Your perspective on therapy seems to be that of a negative. When in all actuality, you more than likely pull from so many facets to regain strength. Hopefully this NEVER ends for you...

Best Answer

It is perfectly fine, and you are perfectly okay to need therapy. Sometimes we need someone to stick around that we can talk to. It is okay to need therapy, and know that is always available to you when ever you may need it. Everyone is different, and with what they face varies.

Best Answer

you're not screwed up...i have the same issues with my family and i don't speak to anyone of them. stay in therapy as long as it helps but i can tell you it took five years to get over it and i am no longer angry. pm me if you want to talk.

Best Answer