manonthesilvermountain manonthesilvermountain 22-25, M 9 Answers Nov 12, 2012 in Community

Not entirely. I like buying people gifts but not many. I believe that people shouldn't buy 3-10 gifts for everyone in their family, that's not what Christmas is about but it seems like it's turning so materialistic. Christmas is about giving and celebrating life as a family or if you feel, celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. <br />
I know that sounds cleche' but really, it is. That's why TV shows try to constantly keep it on track. I mean if you feel like buying gifts, buy something that the person would need.

Best Answer

I think so, except for small children. My kids are both in their early twenties and I plan to give them cash

Best Answer

Well, it sure can get expensive; which is why I no longer do it.

Best Answer

To a certain extent yes; but, it still is so nice to have some gifts on Christmas Day to open. It's just part of the celebration of the day.

Best Answer

Most stores would be closed I'd think

Best Answer

By everone pencils, its a present that always has a point

Best Answer

Not if it is something someone really wants or really needs.It is nice to know someone is thinking about you.I love getting gifts for family and friends.

Best Answer