I know someone who was in a lot of pain because his gf cheated and apologized and everything and was like, "i messed up, I know I messed up" But he says she never seemed like she was truly sorry, and for her it was like she was almost arguing for them to get back together. Hearing this made me sad for them. I really care about both of them. I just hope she stays true to him, and him her. I wonder if she'll cheat on him again. Hate to see that happen, especially since they are about to have a baby. So EP, do you guys know of any cases where someone repented and never cheated again?
poinsettia poinsettia 22-25, F 9 Answers Mar 24, 2012

Yes, i think it is possible. But definitely the cheating isnt the problem, it is merely a symptom of the problem. Healthy people in healthy relationships dont cheat.

Best Answer

yeah so maybe one or both of them have some issues to sort out with themselves before they can truly be in a healthy relationship, they have to make want to improve themself in order to put that effort of becoming a healthy person.

Best Answer

Well if they really want to be together and give their child a good life, they will work on themselves and their relationship. It's not just about them anymore.

Best Answer

I wouldn't worry about it. Once that happens the clock is ticking anyway. They will not stay together forever because the trust is gone.

Best Answer

That's what I think...

Best Answer

Possible perhaps but I won't be there to find out.

Best Answer

That's how I am. If someone cheats on me, I will never give them another chance. I'm hardcore about that.

Best Answer

I do believe people can change but why not move on to someone who respects and celebrates you......so many fish in the sea.

Best Answer

Yes, it happens.

Best Answer

i think it depends on the reason behind the cheating. and i'd insist on relationship therapy.

Best Answer

Yeah if anything ever comes up between them I might suggest they do that.

Best Answer

Never cheat again OR never get caught doing it again?

Best Answer

exactly...i wonder if anyone knows of a situation where someone suddenly changes and grows morals. Sad to say but they probably only get better at secretly cheating..

Best Answer

It's possible I suppose if they are TRULY sorry. But if they have a history of cheating or are resistant to making changes you have outlined for them... well... OKAY, I'll simply answer your question and say it IS possible.

Best Answer

Good to hear some HOPE. Like I'm a bit cynical but at the same time I want the best for them and their baby. I can't help but have some hope for them...

Best Answer

:-)

Best Answer

yes, but its the individual... many cheaters are straight up committed cheaters.

Best Answer

Yes i think it is but it takes alot of work including professional and it also takes huge commitment love and patience regardless it will never be the same

Best Answer