Just curious.... Because there are many people who bash the youth nowadays.... baseless of whether their ideas have logic behind them or not. And I'd like to know why this mindset exists, or if it is dominant among the older crowd, or, how you feel about it. There is no right or wrong answer, this is purely a matter of opinion.
Fuzzies Fuzzies 56-60, M 30 Answers Jan 5, 2013 in WTK

yea ans no, depends on experience. For instance I had a fulltime job starting from when I was 14 and rented out my own apartment, had a F'ed up life, and had to grow up early because my dad is a douche. So I tend to be more wiser then many twice my age.

Best Answer

For the record, I wasn't talking about you specifically, but thanks for proving my point. ;)

Best Answer

I understand that you weren't but the only way is to use knowledge based on experience to prove its validity. glad to help

Best Answer

Kind of sounds like my life, sucks, but it really does make us wiser at a younger age. We tend to learn from our mistakes, thus making less, in the long run. I wouldn't change a thing tho...

Best Answer

For the most part I would not change anything but sometimes I think about what things would be like if I took different routes

Best Answer

Absolutely possible. Someone who's had to make his/her way in the world at a young age would be much wiser than someone older who'd been sheltered.

Best Answer

I've seen some ten year olds that are wiser than a lot of 40 to 50 year olds. <br />
Age isn't the defining factor of wisdom. Wisdom comes from knowledge and experience. If one is wise, they often show respect, and is humble. I always think of Einstein's approach to knowledge. "If one can't explain something in less than two sentences, they don't know it well enough." One should be able to elaborate if asked to on that topic. Wisdom's other factors come from empathy and tolerance. If one is wise, they will be able to connect to the person they are talking to, and formulate a structured response in a way that the other party can understand and empathize to. One who is wise will also be tolerant to new ideas and people, and have an open mind. Wisdom means not taking things for granted, and recognizing what you have. Wisdom means being able to be able to spread more wisdom to others, who will then spread their wisdom and knowledge to others, and so on. However, to be wise, you must first be willing to accept the wisdom. Wisdom is calling for you. Will you answer?

Best Answer

.....I've mostly only posted this question because I've grown a bit irate over a select group of elder members of this.... online establishment.... that cannot accept the fact that some of the youth in this universe have the capability of complex thought, and exercise it well.

Best Answer

I also find it irate and offensive. I can't believe that some people don't believe a teenager can be into a mature topic, such as quantum physics. I may not be wise, but I've been called a fake teenager, because some people on here can't believe that a 15 year old can write a semi-detailed response on literacy rates. I know that the majority of teenagers take everything for granted, and don't take the time to appreciate the universe (and multiverse). It hurts me to see people that believe that teenagers cannot formulate proper sentence structures and can't spell right. I always try to make my responses thoughtful to serious questions. I've seen many more teenagers that actually respect other people, and actually enjoy having discussions and debates about the origins of the universe. I've seen plenty. And here's what I think. To go back to your original topic of wisdom, if someone believes that only a select section of age groups can be wise, then they aren't wise. Wisdom comes from appreciation, knowledge, and acceptance, not from age.
I know several other teens who are capable of high intellect thought processes, and I will tell you, I've seen some prodigal single-digit age children with more wisdom than some of the 50 year olds on here.

Best Answer

It is possible, although that implies that you've learned something through experience that you've applied in your life that someone else who's older hasn't. It's all about applying what you've learned.

Best Answer

Yes, it is possible. Life experiences bring people many different places and at many different levels. We are all individuals and process things differently. I think it all depends on how we choose to deal with what life deals us and how we are raised. I'm noticing that most, but not all, kids these days don't know crap! These 17 and 18 year olds are unreal, spacey, lazy and sadly clueless. But, on the other hand, I have seen kids that same age, wise beyond their years due to life experiences.

Best Answer

Wisdom does not come with age, it comes with experience. Theoretically, older is wiser as we automatically think that people actually live and learn but we should realize that many of them are just exist.

Best Answer

Well, who would you think was more mature?<br />
A 30 year old who had been sheltered all their life, never encountered death or abuse, and generally spoilt?<br />
Or<br />
A 17 year old who had been abused and encountered suicide, had no one and had to learn to be completely self-reliant?

Best Answer

My son and I equally turn to each other for advice. I've 'lived more', he is more clued up about financial or computer malarky. He's a smart cookie and I'm not ashamed to learn from him.

Best Answer

The question is meaningless until you define "wise."

Best Answer

knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action; sagacity, discernment, or insight.

Best Answer

Possible, but not the general case. Wisdom comes from life experience.

Best Answer

Yes: I'd take Mahatma Ghandi at 7 over ...Snooki...or....Britany....or ....Kim Kardashian at 67 any day.

Best Answer

To answer your question, yes. However, this is not typical. Adults have the benefit of experience, and if they can utilize that experience and learn from it, they can gain wisdom. Not all adults learn from their mistakes though... <br />
I used to think I had a good grasp on things as a teen, as I'm sure most teens do. Had certain attitudes towards things formed by my experiences up to that point. And ba<x>sed on those attitudes, I felt I knew where I wanted my life to go. Thought some of my thoughts, feelings, and opinions were set in stone, and that adulthood wouldn't shake them. Not true. And I think this is where the key difference between teens/kids and adults lies. As an adult you will see things differently, it's only a matter of time.

Best Answer

Yes it can happen. Age has something to do with being or getting wise but not always cause what a human goes through in life can also make him wiser and experience is the key.

Best Answer

See our politicians:<br />
They are mature...They are old.....They have lots of experience....YET THEY DELIVER BULLSHIT..............<br />
Let a single young guy or girl take a position in parliaments....and you'll see they have the guts and capability to transform our debt ridden nation into vibrating ones

Best Answer

The truth is younger people haven't lived longer enough. You learn from experiences,that's why "God" blessed you with "Parents".

Best Answer

I'm hoping you mean more than birth parents, though. They can be the cruelest and most careless sort of parents there are.

Best Answer

Ahhh,I'm so sorry to hear that,it can be a caretaker,who ever is taking care of you,I was speaking of birth parents,though. It break my heart to know your parents are cruel to you. I'll be praying for you and ask "God" to bless you with "Wisdom". "God" bless you "Sweetheart",I would take you......;))

Best Answer

Some people are just plain stupid and never get smart. Someone might be 25 and had done more years of good thinking than somebody ten or twenty years older, especially if the experience gap wasn't that big.

Best Answer

Of course it is. It all depends on your levels of comprehension, maturity, introspection, life experience, etc. If you grew up in a sheltered existence, wealthy beyond your wildest dreams, and then turned out onto the street penniless when you were 30 years old, you'd be FAR less able to function in life than someone who earned every meal they were able to get. Experience counts for a lot.

Best Answer

You are absolutely right! Age is not a determinant of wisdom.

Best Answer

I believe so yes. I believe that a lot of our wisdom comes just from experience with life. A younger person could easily have had more experiences or a harder life than an older person.

Best Answer

Wisdom isn't always about logic. But it's true that young people can be wiser than their older counterparts. Age doesn't always bring wisdom, sometimes it just happens all by itself. It's been my experience that some people are just born older. My sister is like that. She seemed to have skipped childhood somehow.

Best Answer