In November, I had to go to urgent care for strep throat -- that is how it was diagnosed (though without testing for it), & I was giving amoxicillin. Taking antibiotics is supposed to help a person feel better in a few days --- I had sore throat and swollen lymph nodes for just about the full 10 days of treatment & didn't feel much better. I switched to a new toothbrush & everything to prevent reinfection. Now, I have the beginnings of a sore throat & swollen lymph nodes again. This has happened once before since Nov but not turned into something major. I've put the pieces together, and this happens every time I eat sunflower seeds!! I am pretty sure I am allergic to them (but soooo addicted to them, so I was in denial for a while); I also get itchy when I eat them. Anyway, so after reading this, do you think it's possible my sore throat & swollen lymph nodes are actually because of my allergy & not something that requires antibiotics? (I know only a doctor can really say for sure.)
Brieks07 Brieks07 22-25, F 6 Answers Jan 15, 2012

Hi how are ya ?<br />
If I may I would first recommend this book " Presc<x>ription for Nutritional Healing " I don't know why this book was renamed because for me the old title made more sense. " Alternative Healing through Nutrition"<br />
So anyway I recommend this book because I have used this book a number of times inorder to understand clearly as to what was happening in my body when having a symptoms of one kind or another. On one occasion my skin was extremely itchy and whenever my skin would come in contact with anything that area would swell up things got worse I couldn't lay down and sleep because whenever I did I would wind up with pain in my back so I had to sleep sitting in a chair. I did go see my doctor and specialist none could tell me what was wrong with me or wouldn't ??? Which is how I got on to this book I mean I had to do something right. I learned that your skin is the largest organ of your body and if you have things showing up on your skin its an indicator that whatever it is its overloading the rest of your organs and the last place to go is your skin. Your lymph nodes is an intricate part of your immune system and if they are swollen you have something that you must Not Ignore or play with it can be very serious. My skin problem was caused because I was thinking that I was eating and living healthy and like the rest of the planet its always been said an Apple a day keeps the doctor away. Well I ate an Apple every day and one day I just thought why not just eat the seeds core and all, after all we all eat different types of seeds I thought Apple seeds would be good as well little did I know that arsenic occurs naturally in Apple seeds. I developed arsenic poisoning which can lead to death but through study and being proactive and of course Gods mercy I made it through that part of my life. There is more that I can share on this subject so if you have any questions just message me. God Bless You.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply!! I've been looking for a good alternative healing/medicine nutrition/herbal book.

Best Answer

I think you need to see a better doctor. It may be an allergy, but swollen lymph nodes can be a sign of something far more serious. Get a second opinion from another doctor.

Best Answer

Yes it is possible. But agree that it sounds more like an infection. Have your doc run an ELISA test to R/O allergy or sensitivities.

Best Answer

No, it sounds like an infection. But that is definitely not a symptom of an allergic reaction (except the itchiness). I am an EMT.

Best Answer

It's weird because it only seems to happen when I eat sunflower seeds.

Best Answer

There is a condition called direticulitis (sp?) that causes similar symptoms when people eat seeds.

Best Answer

Thanks for the info --- I'll try to look it up.

Best Answer

P.S. 14 hours later, I'm pretty much back to normal. No sore throat, lymph nodes are back down to about normal, but my neck is a little stiff.

Best Answer

The stiffness is probably residual inflammation, which is vest treated with anti-oxidants.

Best Answer

Yes. But go to the Dr.

Best Answer

Hello briecks 07. I know this is an old post but I too get swollen lymph nodes due to sunflower seeds. I was doing some research about it and found your post. Did you ever figure out what the issue was.

Best Answer